Skipping along with occasional zone disconnection

I am also seeing exactly the same issue playing Qobuz. Signal path in my case in Lossless.

Roon server is the latest 1.7, running on a Windows 10 PC with 32 GIG RAM, nothing significant running on that PC except the Roon Server 64 bit.

One more thing: The Roon Server 1.7 from time to time loses connection to my Linn Klimax DSM/3 and I have to restart the Roon Server so that it can re-connect the Linn DSM.

Hi @QuinnT,

Sorry to hear that you’re experiencing this behavior, can I please request the following information so that we can better understand the issue?

1. How often are you seeing this behavior? Is it once an hour, once a day, more/less? Does it seem to happen with specific content? What was the exact time this last happened?
  2. What model CPU do you have on your Core?
  3. Does this behavior occur on multiple endpoints or are you just seeing it occur on one?
  4. What is your network setup like? Can you list how the Core and endpoints are connected?
  5. What is your internet connection download/upload speed? You can check this on speedtest.net
  6. What is the exact failure state - Does Roon fail to complete the song mid-way? Does this issue ever occur at the start of the track?
  7. Does logging in and out of Qobuz/TIDAL have any effect?

Once again apologies for the frustrations here, please let me know the above details when possible for our investigation. Thank you.

@nathan2, I am waiting for it to happen again and will report the details.

@nathan2, the disconnection to the Linn Klimax DSM/3 has just happened @ 6:49 PM local time, NO GOOD, please see my responses inline.

So I now decide to stop playing Roon on that PC, and switch to a laptop instead.

Hey @QuinnT,

We just released Build 505 with some changes that we think will help here. Can you give it a shot and let us know how things are going?

Thanks!

More details are here:

Thanks Mike, it seems that Build 505 fixes it.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.