Skipping until DSD upsampling is turned off

Having same the problem with TIDAL, I tried to disable the DSD sample rate conversion in Roon. So far so good, but this is not was the upgrade was meant to be?..

Just a few followup questions!

How is your system connected to the internet (Ethernet, Wifi)?
Have you experienced skipping issues with any other sources (Qobuz, Tidal, local music)?

Hey @TooFrank,

We just released Build 505 with some changes that we think will help here. Can you give it a shot and let us know how it goes?

Thanks!

More details are here:

Hi Mike
Works fine with MQA and no DSD. For CD and DSD, it plays between 30 to 60 sec. Then comes the message on Slow Tidal loading… I took a screenshot:

Roon screen. So unfortunately the 505 didn’t do it for me.

Edit: Just tried a locally recorded CD with DSD: Same result, ie. stop and complain about slow loading. FWIW processing speed about the same as before 0.9 x

This indicates that your Core may not be powerful enough to attempt the DSP you’ve configured.

What CPU are you using in the Core?

Started to suspect that::disappointed_relieved: My core is a 2009 iMac. Any suggestion for a reasonably priced alternative for a core - please. Otherwise, I haven’t had any significant problems so far…Many thanks

Hi @TooFrank,

You haven’t mentioned your CPU yet, but our Minimum Requirements are the following:

• Intel Core i3, Ivy Bridge+
  • 4GB RAM
  • SSD boot drive
  • 1440 x 900 Resolution

If you are looking for a new, affordable Roon Core solution, I would suggest checking out ROCK (Roon Optimized Core Kit), more information can be found here: ROCK: Getting Started

My processor is a 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo…
Fortunately Black Friday is coming up:-)

Just an update FWIW: I bought a new iMac i5 6core 3.0 gHz. Roon is running flawlessly now. Even with DSD upsampling to 256:-)

Hi @TooFrank,

Thanks for the update here, glad to hear the new iMac is working as expected!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.