Skipping with Qobuz and local playback

Same here. Running core on Rock on Nuc 8i3. Endpoint on Roon ready Chord Poly or on ropieee or to Squeezebox boom. It’s happening with both Qobuz and with local files on a Qnap NAS.

Just a few followup questions!

What are the makes and models of your networking gear? How is your system connected to the internet?
Have you tried playing music (local and Qobuz) from System Output with DSP turned off?

I am using a pair of Netgear Orbis as WiFi access points to my Roon endpoints.
Rock is running on an Intel NUC connected via Ethernet to the main Orbi router.
My internal music files are stored on a QNAP NAS also connected via gigabit Ethernet to the same Orbi router as the Rock. All internal files are 44.1/16 FLAC files.
The main Orbi router is connected to my ISP’s modem/router and from there to the WAN using ADSL (45 Mb/s download; 15 Mb/s upload).
I am not using DSP, and Roon is not converting the bitstreams between the Core and any of my endpoint DACs.
I have not played any music directly from the NUC through any of its USB ports.
I can play music without any problem on my Android phone from Qobuz using the UAPP app. Also, there is no problem using this route for my own files on the NAS using UPNP.
I only get the problem with Roon, and it started only after I upgraded to 1.7.
The problem is sporadic, and is not consistent.

Hi @Roger_Cliffe,

Do you receive any error messages when this happens?

Can you try playing local content without DSP and the next time this happens let us know the time in your local timezone it occurs?

Thanks!

Hey @Roger_Cliffe,

We just released Build 505 with some changes that we think will help here. Can you give it a shot and let us know how it goes?

More details are here:

Thanks!

I have done a lot of streaming over the last two or three days from both local storage and Qobuz. I have been using an endpoint on a local USB port on the ROCK NUC core, and to other WiFi connected endpoints. I upgraded to build 505 yesterday, so I have streamed to both build 500 and the newer release.

I have been using the history to see if there have been any track skips before a track has completed.

I can report that there have been no further skips from locally stored files on either build. On build 500, there were only a couple of skips within minutes of each others from Qobuz. There have been NO skips on build 505 on either type of stream to any endpoint.

Obviously, I haven’t been able to listen to all the streams, and I know that on build 500, it would occasionally skip the last bar or so from the end of the track on Qobuz. This would show up as 100% played in the history, but (as you can imagine) it was really annoying to be left hanging in the air, so to speak, before the resolution of the piece!

On build 505, that problem has not recurred on any of the tracks to which I have been listening.

It all seem to be working again from my point of view. Whatever you did in 505 seems to have done the trick.

Let’s hope I haven’t spoken too soon!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.