Slow loading / interfacing / interacting time

The past week I’ve noticed absurdly slow loading / interfacing / interacting time with my Roon nucleus and any remote in the house. This never happened before build 790.

Navigating to any album, track, even playlist menu results in the Roon speaker logo “hourglass effect” for 3-7 seconds. Maddening. Please help.

1 Like

Hey Nicholas. Are you using Tidal/Quboz or your own locally stored music and if so what’s the size of your library? I only use listen to local music stored on my NAS which is over 280K tracks. I’m wondering if the issue is relegated to people with very large libraries? I’m having major issues with this. Haven’t heard from Roon on this…

1 Like

Hi Spencer, Tidal is my primary source as the local library only contains ~2500 tracks. I do not use Qobuz.

Gotcha. Your issue seems odd as I thought the “lagging” issue was primarily an issue with very large libraries - otherwise everyone would be dealing with it and we’d hear about it non-stop. Sorry to hear that you’re having issues with Tidal.

Hi @Nicholas_Harsin

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Do you have any local content? Does it exhibit the same behavior as TIDAL?

Core: Nucleus version 1.0 build 227 / Roon version 1.8 build 790
Remotes: Mac OS 11.3 / Roon version 1.8 build 790
Remotes: iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14.5 / Roon version 1.8 build 790

Nucleus core hardwired via cat6 ethernet [to switch to Eero wireless router]

Remotes connected to Eero via wifi

Device: KEF LS50 wireless, hardwired via cat6 ethernet to switch

Library details: 2,213 local tracks on Nucleus internal storage. Majority of music listened to is via Tidal. No qobuz configured.