Slow searches and images aren't loading

I have been having issues since 1.6, and I subscribed to Qobuz alongside Tidal at the time of the upgrade. I haven’t assumed the addition of Qobuz to be the problem, I have taken it to be something else in Roons engine. Generally for me searches hang or take several attempts to return results. Other times images fail to load. Restarting RoonServer helps the image issue but not always the search issue. I haven’t reported the issue because other have. The problem isn’t damaging my personal Roon experience too much but I do look forward to Roon returning to the robust and reliable tool it has been for most of my time using it.

2 Likes

Hi @Henry_McLeod,

I’ve moved your report over to it’s own thread so our team can take a closer look at what you’re experiencing.

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

The next time that you’re in this state where things seem slow, I was hoping you could perform the following test. Please make a note of the time that you start the test and how long each step takes:

1. Run a speed test here and report your results in your response
  2. Open Overview page.
  3. Open Discover page.
  4. Perform a search for “The Beatles”.
  5. Open “The Beatles” artist page.
  6. Open the “Help!” album page.
  7. Start playback of “Help!” (how long does it take before it plays?).
  8. Search for “Daft Punk”.
  9. Open the “Daft Punk” artist page.
  10. Open the “Random Access Memories” album page.
  11. Start playback of “Random Access Memories”.

Respond here with the times for each and the time that you started (and your timezone). I’ll pass these results along to the team to aid in their investigation.

Hi Dylan,
Just seen this and have my system apart trying to make something work. Will put it back to its previous configuration and do some checks. What I will say is my issues are intermittent and sometimes it is fine. I will see what happens when I try it in a while.

A post was split to a new topic: Experiencing slowness with searches

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.