Sluggish Response Using Mac Magic Trackpad

Can you tell me where I could locate this menu option on a Mac?

A

Hi @Alan_Meldrum,

You can do this from Energy Saver in Settings:

https://chadstechnoworks.com/wptech/os/how_to_enable_permanent_discrete_graphics_in_mac_os_x.html#:~:text=Discrete%20Graphics%20card%20is%20available,made%20by%20AMD%20Radeon%20class.

Hi

I am unable to do this on a desktop Mac. The instructions in the link are for a MacBook Pro, which presumably has a different setup.

A

Hi

Any more info? Itā€™s been a while.

A

Hi @Alan_Meldrum,

We have some ongoing investigations into MacOS resource usage. Once we have these changes in place weā€™d like to see if things perform better for you. You can read more here:

macOS Catalina interface laggy randomly while running Roon (High GPU usage randomly, Roon idle 20% GPU, sometimes up to 99% usage)

Hi

I had a brief look at the topic link, and to be perfectly honest I donā€™t have much of an idea of what is being discussed, due to the limitations of my technical knowledge. The problem I have discussed persists, and regrettably I havenā€™t received any guidance from you which was of use in trying to overcome this problem. Are you in a position to offer any? If so, Iā€™d appreciate it if you could take my technical limitations into account when sharing. This thread has been running for two months, and I would like to be able to use the app as intended.

Regards

Alan

Hi @Alan_Meldrum,

Our team is currently investigating this issue and other reports of this issue. I canā€™t provide any specific timelines just yet but itā€™s under active investigation and is a high priority for us. You have our apologies for the continued trouble!

Hi

Two months have now elapsed since I last heard from you, but the issue I initially reported still persists. Are you able to give me some sort of update regarding this? Hopefully something that goes a bit further than ā€˜we are currently investigating thisā€™, which seems to be the standard response. I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards

Alan

Anybody out there?

Hi @Alan_Meldrum,

Please see my post about this here:

You sent me that link before on July 16th, and I replied with the comment above. I looked again today and I still donā€™t understand what is being discussed. It would be beneficial if you had any news to pass on regarding this issue, and take into consideration the fact that not everyone who uses your software is tech savvy before relaying any information you might have, as I have pointed out my limitations previously. I did not receive any feedback from the logs I sent you, and the advice you gave me about switching to discrete GPU was not relevant to my circumstances. It would nice to have some sense of you making progress towards finding a solution to the issue I raised, but regrettably I do not have any.

Regards

Alan

Hi @Alan_Meldrum,

Apologies for the lack of information here. To summarize, we are aware of some resource usage issues occurring on a small number of Mac devices that is resulting in slowness like what you are seeing occurring. This is a high priority for us and our team continues to investigate and test solutions.

Hi @dylan, I am having the same issue. But I think this isnā€™t the same issue as the one you linked (slowness). The problem is the that some clicks arenā€™t registering at all. It is the same problem as this one. I think many Mac users have been having this problem. And I personally think itā€™s quite annoying/frustrating. I really hope this can be fixed soon! Thanks!