How many times does one have to click on a button for it to work?

Roon on Mac here, about to conclude my trial period.

Problem is, when it comes to clicking on pretty much any button on Roon (say, to choose another artist, track or even visit your account page), the mouse click simply does not work or only works after clicking on the button three or four times.

What is the problem here? Is there a setting that needs adjustment? Perhaps a UI buffering issue?

Well, that’s a new one.

Did you check the battery in your mouse?

Hi,

In order for Roon’s @support team to better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so they can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Battery is not an issue, as my mouse is wired. Setup-wise, I am on a late-15 27 in 5K iMac, Mojave OS - I have the impression this looks similar to what I sometimes see as delayed responsiveness on Steam’s web-UI based Mac app.

Networking config is simple: Orbi-based network, Mac connected via Ethernet to one of the Orbi satellites.

Mouse is a SteelSeries one.

Same thing here, funny is I’m on the exact same Mac but with Catalina and trackpad connected with Ethernet. I have gotten used to click 3ish times it hasn’t been like this always it would be nice to only click one time again.

Only on Roon? Anything else running concurrently?

Only on Roon. Audirvana+ is not affected, nor is iTunes. And no, I am not usually running them at the same time.

I thought that was likely - but sometimes it’s worth asking the obvious questions!

Hi @ricgf,

Is the Mac your Core or is it a Client/Controller for another Core?
Are you using the Roon “All-in-one” app or do you have a separate RoonServer + UI setup?
Can you please record a short video of this behavior and upload to Dropbox / Google Drive?

3 posts were split to a new topic: How many times does one have to click on a button for it to work? #2

Hi Noris,

My iMac was the core, and I was using the normal Roon app (all in the past tense as my trial has expired). I did record a video but couldn’t upload here (and don’t use Dropbox or Google).

Hope the above helps.

Tks,

Ricardo

Hi @ricgf,

I’ve followed up with you via private message regarding the location on where to upload the video, please let me know once you have done so, thanks!

1 Like

Got it. Thanks!

I have a similar/the same issue, Interface seems weirdly more indifferent to “casual” (for lack of a better word) clicks , on my Macbook Pro.

The UX requires a firmer, more stable, longer click to register a “click”. I regularly find myself not being able to register a click without trying a couple of times.

I’m not sure if there are parameters to define a “click” but if the Roon codebase is shared w/ touch interface that’s required on tablets, things might have been dialled down not to register accidental clicks w/ touch interfaces.

Notice the needing for a second click on 00:03 and 00:21. all clicks are made directly on the button with same force on the trackpad that registers a physical click from the vibration motor.

@noris is it possible to get a comment on this from the developers? This is a bit annoying on laptops. It’s more frequent than I was able to capture with video but if more evidence is required, happy to try to capture it.

Thanks,

1 Like

Hi @Yargi_Erel,

Thanks for that video, I’ll get it over to the team for review!

Can you please confirm - did you perform these actions on your Core itself or through a Roon Remote?

Thanks @noris , this is on the remote (Laptop, Macbook Pro 13, interacting via laptop trackpad) Though I experienced similar behaviour directly interacting with the core (Mac Pro '13, via Magic Trackpad 2)
I see that video has expired on Streamable, if you still need some resource to share, happy to try to record again.
Please let me know.

Thanks,

1 Like

Hi @Yargi_Erel,

Thanks for sending that video over and confirming the issue occurred both on Remote and Core.
I’ve let QA know of your report and we will try to reproduce this behavior in the lab.

I am having the same issue (trackpad clicks not registering sometimes). I am using a 2017 13-in MacBook Pro with the latest OS (Big Sur). I believe this is the same issue as the one described here. It seems that many of us are having this issue. I am currently trying out Roon and I would love to buy it if this issue is fixed. It is quite annoying/frustrating and really detracts from the otherwise great experience.

Hi @noris, may I ask if there’s any further update on this one by any chance?
Thanks,

1 Like

Hi @Yargi_Erel,

Thanks again for sharing the video earlier in the thread. At this time, we are still investigating common patterns among the reports, but one very useful piece of info here would be to see what the Roon logs show when Roon believes the button is pressed the first time. Can I kindly request the following from you?

1. A video similar to the one you shared earlier where you show your action but this time, please also include a clock on the screen that shows your exact local time (including second) you perform the action.

2. Reproduce the issue and submit the video capture

3. Use these instructions to access your Roon logs and submit a set

Once the logs are received, I would be interested to see if the first button press is being picked up at all in the logs. Any questions, just let me know, thanks!