Soloist and Artist Name problem

Hi,
on my tags I have the Soloist field formatted as:

Georg Zeppenfeld - bass vocals

Roon make a new artist as Georg Zeppenfeld - bass vocals instead of only Georg Zeppenfeld.

Do you mean file tag or Roon tag? If the former, and you have set Roon to prefer file in import settings this will happen. However, if you look for the artist in the artist browser do you see “Georg Zeppenfeld” too?

If so, you have some choices. Either change the file tag, change your import settings, change the artist name for the album (prefer Roon, file or custom) or merge the two artists: “Georg Zeppenfeld” and “Georg Zeppenfeld - bass vocals”.

I mean files tag.

Another strange thing I’m verifying is that these artists imported with the tag on the file don’t appear in the artist browser.

Then how should I manage the tags on the files to have in the credits of the disk name artist + instrument and in the artists only the name?
This thing seems to happen if I use the ‘Soloist’ tag if I use the ‘Personnel’ tag instead it doesn’t happen. But with the tag ‘Personnel’ I see the artists only clicking on credits while with the tag ‘Soloist’ I see them as a performer directly under the works, together with the orchestra and the director.

I think the right way to tag would be to assign just the artist name to the Soloist tag in your file tagger and the artist name + instrument/vocals info for the performance to the Personnel tag.

2 posts were split to a new topic: How do you merge artists?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.