(solved) No 5.1 DTS-CD .wav playable in roon? :(

i have somw 5.1 audio-.wav files hier (DTS demo disc) i would like to play in roon. but there is noise only :frowning:

is there any solution?

Roon Kernmaschine

NetzwerkausrĂźstung & Setup-Details

Verbundene Audiogeräte

Anzahl der Tracks in der Bibliothek

Beschreibung des Problems

Please provide all of the information requested in the support template.

every time again? :-/

see my profile for details. there are all data noticed.

a “signature” for the forum would be nice with all data :+1:

roon core:

• Mac Mini Server 2012
    (MacOS 10.13.6 @ 2,6GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 128+4TB SSD)

roon remotes @

• iPhone SE 2
  • iPad Pro 11"
  • iPad Mini 5
  • MacBook Air M1 256/16GB

roon Devices:

• Marantz SR7009 Home Cinema (LAN & TOSLINK)
  • Denon CEOL Piccolo (WLAN)
  • Denon CEOL RCD-N8 (WLAN)
  • Denon Cocoon DSD 300 (WLAN)

Library:

• about 55k Songs in 4500 albums

As far as I can tell, the only multichannel device you have is the Marantz SR7009 and it can only accept multichannel input via HDMI. Try it that way.

Edit: Sorry to say that I was thinking of discrete multichannel not dts-encoded. Fortunately, you have since found the solution.

1 Like

If the source is a DTS CD and is ripped in a proper format, shouldn’t SPDIF / TOSLINK to SR7009 also work?

1 Like

The problem is the fault you describe (unable to play 5.1 WAV) is different to the source file. If it is DTS encoded as I suspect it should be on a DTS demo, then Roon will need to be feeding this to a DTS capable device, via a DTS enabled input.

1 Like

yes this should work. but dont :wink: vlc shows me correct audio track and plays it via toslink correct in stereo (downsampled), “audio > audio device > system (integrated) (encoded output)” plays it in 5.1 DTS :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: - so the track is correct! and the sound chain via mac > toslink > marantz fits too.

but roon plays only noise :cold_sweat: that must be a failure in the software or a wrong option.

here is a sample: Dropbox - 01. Strauss - Also Sprach Zarathustra (Sunrise) [2001 A Space Odyssey].wav - Simplify your life

any solution?

Ripped dts-CDs are working fine in Roon, if you don’t use any dsp and fixed volume.
5.1-wav can be anything (raw, not raw, …) → how do you’ve ripped and decoded the CD?

1 Like

Paste a screen capture of the Roon signal when outputting to SR7009 via toslink.

1 Like

Blockquote
how do you’ve ripped and decoded the CD?

sorry i dont know this anymore :-/

@wklie

pardon??? :smiley: sorry i dont know what you mean or besster said: how to do this :slight_smile:

u mean this? :slight_smile:

lol: “Quelle WAV 44,1kHz 16bit 2ch”

roon does not recognize the source as 5.1 :scream:

2.0 is correct due to DTS not being decoded. If you got 5.1, it’d actually be wrong and then not even toslink to SR7009 will work.

Turn off volume leveling. You destroyed the DTS bit stream integrity.

Edit: more explanation here, which is correct, despite the responses

1 Like

Blockquote
2.0 is correct due to DTS not being decoded. If you got 5.1, it’d actually be wrong and then not even toslink to SR7009 will work.
Turn off volume leveling. You destroyed the DTS bit stream integrity.

U R my hero!!! :star_struck: :wave: :ok_hand: :muscle:
THX :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

fun fact: roon still says “2ch” WAV :laughing:

Explanation link added to previous post. DTS 5.1 CD is encapsulated in a regular two channel CD format.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.