Somafm not working

kiss fm espana… same error as 1FM

Hmm, I can’t play that either - so a different problem. I’ll work on that.

Were other mp3 stations OK when you were browsing?

I can’t fix Kiss FM España - there’s an unusual redirect now. I’ve unlisted the station.

(You’re doing well in finding bad stations - thank you)

yes most mp3 stations work.

I do not think is a format problem has to be a link problem for 1Fm or an other error that gives the broken link message

last night I have found other broken links, but i do jot remember the station

There are no redirects on the 1.fm streams, they are straight mp3 and the fact that I can play them might mean there’s something different in the codecs in our setups.

1.fm have switched to an AIS server which may make a difference I suppose.

Let me find another mp3/ ais server and you can test that.

Can you play Purple Current?

yes no problem with purple

Ok, I’m out of ideas. I’m pinging @support for help: they can look at the logs and maybe that’ll give us a clue.

They can also move this thread to #support. They like to see your overall setup - I think you’ve added that elsewhere, so just pop that down here again for them.

another one Maine Public radio same problem lol

Roon Core Machine

QNap 473a 8gb amd ryzen

Networking Gear & Setup Details

1. Who is your internet service provider?
    UPC/Sunrise in Switzerland
  2. Please list the make and model of your modem and router?
    Upc 2g box
  3. Do you have any additional network hardware, like additional routers or managed switches?
    no
  4. Does your network have any VPNs, proxy servers, or enterprise-grade security?
    no

Connected Audio Devices

Weiss dac via ethernet

I can play that station.

(The “in tune” version appears to be off-air now, so I’ve unlisted it)

This is really a shot in the dark - I’ve added the simplest, non redirected, mp3 stream to Maine Public Radio. Does that work?

Edit:. No, that makes no sense - there was a simple mp3 stream you tried before.

Yes it works, but I think the AIS server might be a problem from here, but as I said I am listening to it via Bluesound

I try via pc on the web no problem to play 1Fm

???

So the URL starting 17653.live works, but the one starting playerservices doesn’t?

The second one simply works as a redirect to one of a number of alternatives for load sharing reasons. I had chosen one of them. This makes no sense at all.

Ah, an idea…
Have you been changing the DNS settings at all?

I have not made any changes to my system except Roon installation and port setting for Arc.

Moved to support as requested Brian.
But as thanksgiving it may be a while before anyone can take a look.

2 Likes

ok have a nice thanks giving

I’m still uncertain about your DNS. I wonder if the cache is at fault. Have you tried rebooting everything?

I restarted the NAs and the Pc put on 1fm otto classic. No change.
Ifm is in Switzerland and so am I. Where are you? is it possible that the link works only from your location?

if I click on the link of the station I can play from the web, if I put strm112.1fm etc on the browser gives me “impossible to find…”