Some files became 'Unavailable' from my playlist and other issues :-( [Resolved]

Hi there,

Issue 1: Some files became unavailable from my playlist, however, some files are still OK from the same drive from the same playlist. If I click on the Artist link in the unavailable file I am able to browse the song and add it again and from that point, the same song from the same location appears twice in the same list but one of them is available.

Issue 2: I can’t control Roon remotely from my Mac. Remote access on, network is the same for both devices.

Issue 3: On Android, when I start Roon with mobile data it says No Wi-Fi Connection, so I enable Wifi and the app freeze. Remote access does not work either.

Issue 4: Just realised that the search in the Roon/Tidal is not picking up everything from the Tidal database. I have to go to the Tidal website and search again and after adding the album into the favourites it will appear in my library.

I am so disappointed. These things used to work (not sure about the search) and as a programmer, I was super amazed how the Roon ran so smoothly when I subscribed but instead of getting new things (at least I’m interested with) I feel we are having less :frowning:

My yearly subscription has just renewed a week ago and I am really sorry to not cancelling it :frowning:

@Tom_Fazakas ----- Thank you for the report and sharing your feedback with us. The insight is appreciated. A few things moving forward…

Data Gathering:
To help aide in our evaluation of these Issues you are experiencing may I kindly ask you for the following:

• A brief but accurate description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

• Please describe your network configuration/topology being sure to provide insight into any networking hardware you are currently implementing. I want to have an exact understanding as to how your devices are communicating and all the tools involved with making those connections possible.

Issue 1: Some files became unavailable from my playlist, however, some files are still OK from the same drive from the same playlist. If I click on the Artist link in the unavailable file I am able to browse the song and add it again and from that point, the same song from the same location appears twice in the same list but one of them is available.

• How were these playlists generated?

• Please pick a single file that you are currently experiencing this behavior with and provide the following:

• The file path listed in the playlist for the file that is showing as unavailable.

• My assumption is that this same file is already imported into Roon and is available outside of the playlist. Can you please provide a screenshot of the file path listed for the same track in the application.

Issue 2: I can’t control Roon remotely from my Mac. Remote access on, network is the same for both devices.

• Are you not able to connect to your core machine at all from this device? Does the connection establish itself and then drop? Having some further insight into what the exact “failure” is here would be very helpful.

• This device is definitely setup to act Roon remote, and not as another core machine, yes?

• Please provide the model/specs of this device.

Issue 3: On Android, when I start Roon with mobile data it says No Wi-Fi Connection, so I enable Wifi and the app freeze. Remote access does not work either.

• I am not surprised that the device would not connect when WiFi was disabled. The remote must be on the same network as the device hosting your core.

• Have your tried reinstalling the remote application this device?

• Please provide the model/specs of this remote.

-Eric

Hi Eric,

Thanks for coming back to me so quickly!

Issue 1

I created this playlist manually by clicking on the song and adding to the existing playlist.
I can see the path of the unavailable files. I made a photo with my phone as I could not be able to manage a screenshot with my remote controller but I think you can see the related two songs in the bottom of the list named “Track 4”:

Issue 2:
I’m trying to connect from my Mac to a Windows 10 based Roon core but it just keeps trying to build the connection up:

Windows is connected to the switch via ethernet and the wifi router is also connected to the same switch.
The connection does not establish at all.

Issue 3

Solved by reinstalling the app.

Let me know if you need any other information.

Thanks,
Tom

Hi @Tom_Fazakas ----- Thank you for the follow up and taking the time to provide the requested feedback. My apologies for the delayed response here.

Moving forward, I wanted to first check and see if any new observations of progress has been made here since we last spoke.

Secondly in regard to these issues you’ve reported…

Issue 1: "I created this playlist manually by clicking on the song and adding to the existing playlist.
I can see the path of the unavailable files. I made a photo with my phone as I could not be able to manage a screenshot with my remote controller but I think you can see the related two songs in the bottom of the list named “Track 4”

• This behavior can occur if you have added the content in the application twice. Can you verify for me if your storage configuration has changed at all?

Issue 2: “I’m trying to connect from my Mac to a Windows 10 based Roon core but it just keeps trying to build the connection up…Windows is connected to the switch via ethernet and the wifi router is also connected to the same switch. The connection does not establish at all.”

• Can you verify for me if you are able to connect to the Win10 device from the MAC computer via the OS level?

• Any active firewalls or antivirus application running on either machine?

-Eric

Hi Eric,

The unavailable files suddenly became available again and also I am able to access the Roon remotely as I have to change the firewall rules.

So all good here, thanks for your help!

Tom

1 Like