Some music cuts using ROON with ROON RAAT protocol and DEVIALET

thank you to confirm me :
. AIR is a communication protocol developed by Devialet.
. AIRPLAY is a protocol developed by Apple for itunes
do I have to use an AirPort Express terminal ?

I donā€™t think so, because as I said on the pilote AIR screen it is indicated ;
ā€œDEVIALET AIR - streaming is disabledā€ and yet, there is the volume indication that works (see the screen below)

I have to admit Iā€™m a bit lost

Any one of these should work. Airplay is the only one thatā€™s not bit perfect, so choose one of the other two.

If I were you, then I would try to detect / isolate the problem by following these steps:

• In the Devialet configuration I would activate a single input: Ethernet network.
  • I would disconnect the cables from all inputs in Devialet, except for the network cable.
  • I would uninstall any Devialet driver from all Roon Core and Roon Remotes.
  • I would restart all systems (router, Roon Core, Roon Remotes, Devialet).
  • At this moment, in Roon you should see only 3 Devialet audio devices (all on the network, none directly connected to Roon Core / Remote): Devialet AIR, Roon RAAT and Devialet AirPlay.
  • I would disable all DSP in Roon.
  • I would only activate the Devialet AIR device and see if the problem occurs.
  • I would only activate the Roon RAAT device and see if the problem occurs.
    If the problem does not occur with Devialet AIR, but occurs with Roon RAAT, then it means that the Gigabit bug from Devialet manifests itself in your system and you should forget about using Roon RAAT.
    If the problem also occurs with Devialet AIR, then I would investigate the local network and the Roon Core computer. This protocol should work without problems.

Thank you for all these recommandations
I will try to do these steps

ok thank you

Hey there. Just checking in.

How are things, @PHILIPPE_PLAZENET?

Thanks,
Wes

A little disappointed, because I pay 14 euros per month for a tool that does not work properly, when using RAAT, ROONā€™s own protocol.
But hey, on the forum, I got a bunch of answers and advice. Since then, I use AIR which seems to me a little less pleasant to the ear than RAAT.
If I knew, I would not have taken out a subscription
Of course I can stop it whenever I want
I will try to see with AUDIRVANA
thank you
Philip

Hi @PHILIPPE_PLAZENET,

If you would like to continue troubleshooting this, please let me know. We are more than happy to lend a hand to figure this out. We would want to know which of the suggestions were followed to give the best advice.

Wes

Just so you know Philip, Devialet themselves have been pretty hopeless with getting RAAT working and theyā€™re own version of AIR is less reliable than the Roon version, which I believe wasnā€™t made with the help of Devialet but by Roon themselves. Iā€™d give Roon a chance to help you out if I were you. Iā€™ve never seen them give up on anyone yet, and Iā€™ve used Roon for 3-4 years now.

1 Like

Hi, thank you very much for your reply. I donā€™t know if Devialet AIR is less Reliable than ROON RAAT, but I can say that since I use AIR, it works well, I have no more cuts. I must admit that I had only one in 4 hours of listening to music, which is still acceptable.
Kk they never give up on someone who has problems, but at the moment RAAT is working badly.
Maybe this is related to my Internet box, the flow of information too high ā€¦ I do not know.
In terms of audio quality, I canā€™t feel the difference between listening to RAAT and listening to AIR ā€¦ Do you have an opinion on this ?
I plan to use an audio server like ROON NUCLEUS, connected to the Devialet via USB, but I donā€™t know how to control the NUCLEUS afterwards ā€¦ just a keyboard and a screen connected to NUCLEUS ?
kind regards

Hi, thank you for your reply.
Yes of course, a solution to my problem will be good, but as I said to PIM, using DEVIALET AIR it works (jusr a cut in four hours).
Yes I followed all the solutions proposed by the different people on the forum, but none made any real difference.
As I said, I donā€™t know if RAAT brings better audio quality than AIR, itā€™s hardly perceptible by earā€¦ it seems to me that AIR is ā€œbrighterā€ than RAAT and RAAT ā€œwarmerā€ than AIR.
Do you think that my Internet box could slow down the flow of data sent by RAAT, because if I understood correctly the data sent by RAAT is larger than any other protocol.
kind regards
Philippe

Hi @PHILIPPE_PLAZENET,

Itā€™s possible but itā€™s a hard thing to measure without a paid app. Can you confirm that you disabled DSP? If so, has the core been tested on ethernet while that was the case? The core not being on ethernet introduces an unstable element to the testing of these things so I want to be sure.

Wes

Hi Wes, Sorry for the delay in my reply, I had a busy week.
As you requested I disabled the DSP on the DEVIALET ROON RAAT (I had only one DSP integrated, which was ā€œsample rate conversionā€) and I must say ā€œno music cutsā€ in 5 minutes of music. Normally the cut appeared quickly after 10 seconds.
I must say ā€œwhat surpriseā€. Now it is necessary to verify on a long period, but itā€™s encouraging.
About your second question, I didnā€™t understand, the cuts appeared in both cases ; laptop in WI-FI or laptop in Ethernet. My Devialet is always in Ethernet directly connected on the Internet box.
Currently I listen to music while my laptop is connected to WI-FI at 8 meters from my box ā€¦ and it works very well, no cuts in ten minutes of music ā€¦ good
Iā€™m going to listen to music this week-end and Iā€™ll come back to you to tell you the result. Thank you
have a good week-end
Philippe

I am glad that youā€™re back to enjoying the music. Looking forward to good news.

Wes

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.