Some questions regarding "Bridge"

and this one would play dsd and so on without any problems :slight_smile:

Yes, via USB output from the Aries Mini; most likely also via the coaxial SPDIF output (if your DAC support DSD over PCM).

Edit:
One additional question - do you have many DSD albums ? Since the DSD (SACD) is dead as a format.

no…not yet

Then why care about DSD? It will work via Roon conversion with any device. I would not build up my system around DSD support if I did not have an extensive DSD collection.

Edit:
I have 300+ SACD albums, and I don’t really bother too much with DSD (I have around 5000 albums in total).

and .flac is not a problem for digione…

Not at all.

All audio files are converted to PCM or DSD by core. FLAC is not something sent out to your endpoint or DAC :slight_smile:

That depends on the endpoint actually. :wink: See Squeezebox playback options.

Cool, so it actually sends the FLAC if the endpoint supports it? :smiley:

Yep, about a year ago, the last big upgrade came with morph-able settings, so options that were unneeded by that dac/endpoint were hidden. Which is why you won’t see the FLAC option unless you are connected to a Squeezebox endpoint.

1 Like

If your Yamaha has an input jack labeled CD, then I don’t think any further DAC processing will take place there. The website for your amp talks about “CD Direct Amplification and Pure Direct”. I take that to mean no further DAC processing.

This means that you could go back to your original idea of an RPI with a DAC HAT, connected to your amp’s CD jacks, rather than USB input. You’ll need a HAT with RCA outs, but I think HiFIBerry, and probably others, makes one.

Perhaps a question for the Yamaha forum?

and how about this one instead of rp with digione attached to my a-s801?

https://www.project-audio.com/en/product/stream-box-s2-ultra/

As I have suggested already Why not try your current pi plugged in to the USB input of your DAC and see if you get an improvement on SQ compared to your current setup. This is free other than purchasing a USB cable. This will allow you to see how well the Yamaha works with non windows USB interface.

I have a Synology NAS, my Roon core is my desktop NUC, and use an Allo Digi to connect to my Marantz. I connect to the Aux port via coax. Fiber is also supported.

It comes with the Roonbridge software installed, and looks great.

https://allo.com/sparky/digione.html

1 Like

I’m actually reading and watching videos of the Sonore Microrendu…seems to be the better choice…but…i have concerns about microrendu and my yamaha a-s801…cause of the usb port supporting only windows and macos…