Sometimes I can't like songs or albums

Sometimes the little heart next to a song just doesn’t appear. The only integration I have is Qobuz. I often have some songs in a playlist or something from my local library, and I’ll want to favorite a track or an album, but the Qobuz version so I can save the higher quality version, as my own are sometimes just mp3 quality.

the point is, sometimes the hearts don’t show up at all which is really strange.

I don’t have Qobuz, so this might not apply, but with Tidal the heart icon is not there until you add the album to your library. It’s just a “+” sign then changes to a heart:

Yeah usually that shows up and then when I click the plus, it spins around. One the songs on the album itself it seems completely random

it gets stuck like this. But it tells me at the bottom that the album was added to my library. But when I leave the page and go back to the album, it shows the plus sign again. Then when I hit the … menu, there’s no option to add it to my library

I did just figure something out. after I click the plus sign, I can navigate to home and it’ll show up under recently added. when I access the album through there, it lets me favorite songs and the album. This is pretty poor UX.

2 Likes

I also make this experience (Added according to the message, but not added in the album list) from time to time. For me it is a bug. In this case it doesn´t help to click the + sign again and again, it spins around …

Thanks for reporting this pretty poor UX to the audience. I hope the developers will read that.

1 Like

This is known behaviour and it’s been like this for as long as I remember and I have been a user since 2017.

1 Like

That’s pretty annoying considering how expensive Roon is.

It will have added it to your library it’s just it doesn’t refresh when you go back in the app and it often get stuck spinning when you add them. Don’t recall not seeing a heart after an album is registered as being in my library though.

This is just a horrible experience overall. At first it’s really cool with all the interconnected metadata, but it’s seriously painful trying to add an album from qobuz to your library. It is just failing in ways I couldn’t imagine. This is really dreadful. I randomly can’t add artists from qobuz. I randomly can’t add albums. When I do add an album it chooses the mp3 versions over the flac verseion in qobuz. Then when I try to add the qobuz version it fails to do so. I’m pulling myhair out, I thought Roon was supposed to be a pretty robust experience. I’d waste less time hand writing out my entire library in a card catalog than trying to coax this thing to actually add artists/albums to my library.

WHY IS IT SO HARD TO ADD ARTISTS AND ALBUMS TO YOUR LIBRARY?! I imagine this would be one of the most important things. And the fact you can spend $500 on this and not have any actual support, just a volunteer forum. I’m beyond words, this is ridiculously frustrating

1 Like

You are too harsh here: there is regular support! Only in rare cases the add action is failing and it is frustrating, but next day it will be works again (e. g. after restart) :slight_smile: I hope this bug will be fixed next time. My workaround is to add the albums in the qobuz app, when the fails had happened.

No, that is not true on my side. Refresh or wait doesn´t help. I must try it again later, when ROON is in a better mood.

Never had that. Sounds like an issue in your setup.

This is why they need dedicated support technicians.

It feels like less than an afterthought. For glitches like this, there should be logs, better error handling, tech support that can actually follow through with chasing a bug down. It’s hard to diagnose if there’s no error telling you why it’s spinning or at the very least logs that can tell you what’s going on after you add the album

Way below the minimum requirements

And that’s a minimum spec for a small library not 150K.

1 Like

OH. Huh, I must have read the requirements wrong or something then. Guess I’ll have to get a more powerful machine to run it on.

No, that is not the right comparison because the i3 8100T is a 35 W TDP desktop class processor. If you are looking for the Nucleus processor, it is the i3 7100U. The comparison there to the Ryzen is a lot closer. But the Ryzen still is slower single threaded. And almost any NAS processor is going to be a poor fit for a 100,000+ track Roon library.

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/compare/2879vs4304/Intel-i3-7100U-vs-AMD-Ryzen-Embedded-V1500B

AJ

1 Like

9 posts were split to a new topic: I just think for the price there should be white glove service

Congratulation! :slight_smile:
Pure setup topic - I don´t think so.

i have about 150k songs in my library. Its’ running on a synology 1621. Not the most powerful but it definitely meets the minimum requirements. It is still processing but it’s on throttled mode. Maybe that is causing some glitches but it shouldn’t. I tried using 8 cores and it used up 100% of my cpu so I’m gonna just let it do 4-6 cores and see what works best.

I have my synology and PC connected over a 10gb switch. I modified the nas to add 64gb of memory and dual 10g rj45 jacks. I’m able to saturate the 10gb connection between PC and nas. It’s looking like the bottleneck is the NAS CPU but I could probably overload the 13900k on my PC if that’s what I had Core running on. Would be nice if I could relegate the analysis to my PC since it’s a lot stronger hardware.

Minimum is an i3 but with a large library as yours your likely going to struggle on a NAS . For large libraries Roon really needs a big beefy desktop CPU and a decent amount of RAM. Number of cores are not important it’s single core speed that’s
Key. It’s not going to run particularly smooth whilst it’s processing such a large library after it’s done it should become more responsive and level out it’s got a lot of work to do sorting it all out.

Huh. Maybe I’ll get a nuc dedicated for Roon then.