Songs skipping halfway through

Same problem for me, songs skipping halfway through when streaming Qobuz.

Win 10 machine, USB to DAC, T-Mobile (AC-1900) By ASUS Wireless-AC1900 Dual-Band Gigabit Router

This is not the same as poor internet connection where a message pops up and skips to next song.

More info (edit): Went to Qobuz app and the music was stopping regularly. I changed the output to ASIO (same dac), no more stops. Now I am back in Roon and skipping has stopped after changing same zone to use ASIO.

Maybe the problem is with Qobuz and wasapi (exclusive mode) which was giving me problems both in roon and Qobuz apps. This only started with the roon 1.7 update, wasapi worked fine before.

2nd Update: Nevermind, skipped again with ASIO

Hi @askat1988,

Does the same problem occur if you play to system output of the Core with no DSP in use?

Hi @dylan

Third track skipped after 30% playing to system output, no DSP.

Support team, some info here from testing:

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/songs-skipping-in-the-middle-of-playback/85210/7?u=askat1988

Edit: Nevermind still skipping

Hi @askat1988 — Thanks for verifying.

I think the next step here is to enable some diagnostics on your account so our technical staff can get some more insight into what’s going on here.

However, before I enable this feature, I’d like to ask for your help ensuring we gather the right information.

First, can you please reproduce the issue once more and note the time at which the error occurs. Then respond here with that time, and I’ll make sure we review the diagnostics related to that timestamp.

Hi @dylan

The error occurred today at 3:15 p.m. PST. skipped track at 30%. However, I can not say 100% that it was not due to internet, I had stepped away. I’m pretty sure it was not internet.

Hey @askat1988 – thanks for the feedback here.

We just released Build 505 with some changes that we think will help. Can you give it a shot and let us know how it goes?

More details are here:

Thanks!

Hi @mike,

Since install of new build, no skipping with Qobuz. Have had the system playing for about 5-6 hours straight today.

Thanks

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.