Sonicorbiter 2.5 operating system

Special Note:

The Sonicorbiter 2.3 operating system utilized on the microRendu is approaching the end of it’s development cycle. This means that we will continue to maintain the operating system for general functionality only. However, we will no longer provide application updates and new features going forward. There is not need to update to the next version right away, but we recommend that you consider it at some point in the near future.

In order to better serve you we have been developing the Sonicorbiter 2.5 operating system which has the following new features and enhancements:

1. The base operating system and Kernel has been updated.
  2. All the pre-configured applications have been updated to the latest release versions and or stable versions.
  3. DSD playback now supports Native DSD with POP free PCM/DSD transitions.
  4. New devices have been added that support Native DSD playback.
  5. Spotify Connect has been added as a new output mode. This new output mode can be controlled by your computer or tablet running the Spotify application. The application can be installed and uninstalled from Software Manager. This application is based on librespot - an open source client library for Spotify.
  6. A SongCast receiver has been added to the existing MPD/DLNA output mode. This new output mode accept streams from your computer running Linn Songcast. The application can be installed and uninstalled from the Software manager. The application is in Beta form.
  7. This version also contains other bug fixes and enhancements.

Sonicorbiter 2.5 will be available soon pre-loaded on a microSD card. The microSD cards will be made available to existing customers for purchase for 20 USD. Emails with purchasing instructions will go out to customer in the coming weeks with a link to purchase the upgrade. The microRendu will be shipping with Sonicorbiter 2.5 operating system. If you purchased a microRendu in the last 30 days we will provide a microSD card in the mail with Sonicorbiter 2.5 for free.

SONORE computer audio - Rendu | microRendu | Sonicorbiter SE

2 Likes

Lucky me - ordered last week!

Jesus, will it be possible to update the OS from 2.3 to 2.5 OTA, or must we purchase a new microSD card?

Will we need a new mcroSD card for the SonicTransporter i5 and the SonicOrbiter as well. I believe these all run the same system.

I am also interested in an answer to this question. @Jesus_Rodriguez

No. You will need to purchase the micro SD card with the software pre-loaded.

No. Those are servers and have their own development cycles.

That’s disappointing considering we’ve been able to upgrade from 2.1 -> 2.2 -> 2.3 over the air. Perhaps you should be calling this version 3.0 of the OS.

One thing has nothing to do with the other. This is a complete new operating system.

Your nomenclature suggests otherwise. As I say - disappointing.

2 Likes

I understand, but that is the desiganation. The update is not mandatory so you are under no obligation to be disappointed.

2 Likes

AXPONA Notice:

Jeff Rowland Design Group and Joseph Audio will be hosting a Sonore Signature Series Power Supply and Sonore microRendu with the Sonicorbiter 2.5 operating system in room 426.

Joel Durand is also using a Sonore microRendu with the Sonicorbiter 2.5 operating system, but I’m not sure what Room he is in.

1 Like

Great NEWS! I just send you a e-mail to pre-order.

To make sure I understand:

Current uRendu users with 2.3 will continue to use it with Roon for the unforeseable future with no issues?

We are constant feedback so we will be keeping any eye on things.

I do tire with such obsequious sycophantic customer service, why don’t people speak their minds occasionally?

.sjb

1 Like

@Jesus_Rodriguez

Hi Jesus, is it fair to assume that 2.5 has been beta tested to death and no hiccups are expected? 2.3 is very functional for my needs, but I’m open to upgrade as long as it keeps my mR operating trouble free. Are there any features being deleted in 2.5 versus 2.3? Thanks…

Excellent news about Spotify Connect. Can’t wait!

1 Like

H[quote=“rrwwss52, post:17, topic:24737, full:true”]
@Jesus_Rodriguez

Hi Jesus, is it fair to assume that 2.5 has been beta tested to death and no hiccups are expected? 2.3 is very functional for my needs, but I’m open to upgrade as long as it keeps my mR operating trouble free. Are there any features being deleted in 2.5 versus 2.3? Thanks…
[/quote]
Given it’s a brand new card, you can always revert to 2.3 by swapping cards.

Agreed. Just curious if we lost any features with 2.5, and if beta was thorough.