SonoreUPnP Bridge (beta)

I’m with you now.

I’ve had a quick 20 mins with both and to my ears there is no discernible difference. With the Naim App i’m using Asset transcoding too WAV so as level a playing field as I can make it.

Very interesting thanks for that.

I’ve just introduced a friend to Roon and this information will be very useful for him.

@Jesus_Rodriguez can I enquire if all the products, SOSE, mR and Sonicorbiter will do the UPnP bridge job to the same level or are any one of them more suited to this than the other?

Thanks

SJB.

They all work the same way.

1 Like

Update:

The Linn update is available on the sonicTransporter series and should be released on the microRendu and Sonicorbiter SE later today.

1 Like

Problem solved for playing 24/192 files without any dropouts. I’ve now connected my Mac Mini, Naim Mu-So and Sonicorbiter SE directly to my router and not through my ethernet switch as before. 24/192 files playing perfectly. The only issue I have now is playing single album tracks which stop about 15-20 seconds before the end of the track. Jesus Rodriguez has advised of an update to software sometime this week that may solve this issue.

I’m trying out a friend’s microRendu, I’m loving the extra detail and overall improvement in sound from a squeezebox touch, I’m sending it via UPnP into a Naim NDS, I have been having similar playback problems however, tracks stopping 10 seconds too soon and even worse playing a few seconds of each track before skipping onto the next, hopefully the next update fixes the problem.
I’m on the verge of committing to a microRendu or Sonicorbiter with an UltraCap LPS 1 PS, I’d like to think all the bugs were ironed out. I also realise all systems are different and each piece of equipment can affect the other.
Thanks to Jesus and John B for their help.

1 Like

Update:

SonoreUPnP Bridge 1.0.2 was released today. Unfortunately, the initial feedback for Linn devices is not positive, but we will keep working on it.

Hi John,

Are you able to play a complete album without any issues or is the problem just on single track selection?

whole albums play OK but when it gets to the last track it stops around 10 seconds before the end, If I cue up a few songs from different albums I get the stopping before the end problem.

You’re right John, I played an album from start to finish and the last track on the album was cut short by about 15 seconds the same as playing a single track. @Jesus_Rodriguez …any news yet on fixing these issues Jesus?

Update:

SonoreUPnP Bridge 1.0.3 was released today. Please update the unit and continue testing with it.

Just updated and sorry to say that tracks are still stopping suddenly when played from different albums, I’m yet to play a whole album straight through so will report back shortly.
Thanks again for your efforts with this problem Jesus.

Oh, and I’ve just ordered a microRendu from the local distributor here in Australia, the UltraCap LPS1 I collect in the US in January. Happy days ahead.

Mark/John, the issue you are having appears to be Naim specific. I’m not having any issues here with my Sonore Rendu renderer. Single tracks play to the end, albums play to the end, and mixed playlists play to the end. Anyway, updates 1.0.2 and 1.0.3 are primarily updates in an attempt to add Linn support.

1 Like

Thanks for your efforts Jesus. I will update when I get home and report back.

Hi Jesus, there wasn’t any luck with the latest 1.0.3 update regarding premature track ending in single track format or last track of an album. Frustrating, but hopefully can be fixed soon. All the best, Mark

Like I said updates 1.0.2 and 1.0.3 are primarily updates in an attempt to add Linn support. For right now all I can do is add a special note for Naim users.

Note: Development is closed on this application until January when we will continue work on Linn support.

Just an update - no change for Lumin with 1.03 either, Jesus. I’m assuming the Linn issue is connected with Lumin because they are, er, a bit similar. Will wait until January, then. Not a hardship because I have 100 hours on my black Friday microRendu/LPS-1 bundle.

@Jesus_Rodriguez, is there any way of trying this UPnP bridge out without the Sonore hardware?
I have a UPnP renderer that works just fine using it’s native app, but it can be a bit picky when it comes to alternative media controllers. It is a Bladelius Embla Classic by the way.

Cheers, Mike

Thanks for looking into this problem Jesus, If tracks stopping before the end become unbearable I could always get a USB to SPDIF converter, the Australian distributer of of the microRendu has just released one at $145.

No. We now have a device (limited supply) that is 165 USD that can run the application. However, your device has not been tested and confirmed.