Sonos ungrouping problem

Hi,

When removing grouped Sonos speakers, I am finding that they actually remain grouped despite being shown ungrouped in Roon. Audio continues to play on the speaker which was ungrouped, and I need to go into the Sonos app to ungroup it properly.

Is there any way to troubleshoot?

Thanks for reaching out, @Chris3g,

Were these zones originally grouped in Roon or via the Sonos app?

If originally grouped from Roon, does this behavior occur every time? What Sonos zones do you have that were grouped together?

Thanks,
Dylan

I have the same problem. Yesterday I grouped two zones (one a Sonos connect, the other a Sonos Play 5) and now I cannot ungroup them. They show up as ungrouped, yet both zones play. The screenshot shows nothing is playing in the Study, but this is not true.
NB. The Sonos app was not involved (I haven’t used it in almost a year).

Sorry I haven’t been able to follow up with this but the above also describes my problem.

The rooms are always grouped using the Roon app but sometimes I will need to use the sonos app to ungroup them when Roon fails to do so. I have noticed that it does not occur every time - sometimes Roon does properly ungroup the rooms.

Hey @Luke23 & @Chris3g,

Just wanted to let you know that I’ve passed your reports along to the technical team for further investigation. I’ll be sure to update you here as soon as I receive feedback from them regarding the behavior you’re experiencing.

Thank you,
Dylan

A post was split to a new topic: Can’t ungroup Sonos zones in Roon

Wow. Almost 5 years and this is still a bug.

Hey @scottyk,

We haven’t been able to reproduce this issue internally yet, but would be helpful having specific timestamps from you as to when the issue occurs.

If possible, could you please reproduce the issue and take note of the date and time (and track playing if possible?)

I’ll be on standby for your reply. :+1: