Sort by Artist has changed

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Nucleus Roon 1.7 Build 537

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Home peer-to-peer network

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

I use several connections - Nucleus via USB to Wyred4Sound DAC, HDMI to Marantz SR7012, Windows Roon in my office

Description Of Issue
Have a library of 1090 albums and when I sort by Artist, all my albums with artist of ‘Various Artist’ no longer sort properly. They now sort with the name of the album. So before all the albums with Various Artist would be sorted together. Now they are all over the place. For example my album Senior Prom by Various Artists now sorts as ‘Senior Prom’, not ‘Various Artists’. When and why did this change?

A while back. There’s now a various artists display switch.

Go to Settings > General and look for Name for Compilation Sorting and change to Various Artists.

AH. Found it. Thank you very much. Hard to keep up on all changes to software that we use all the time.
Now if only all my albums of Various Artists would then sub-sort by something like Album name. There’s no rhyme or reason of how it sorts all those albums. I have 174 of them!

1 Like

By release date.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.