Sound issue with Samsung soundbar via Airplay and Roon update error (ref#2S70CT)

Full form submission

What’s happening?

· I'm having trouble playing music

What best describes your playback issue?

· Playback starts, but I don't hear any music

Describe the issue

no sound when connected to my Samsung soundbar via airplay also Roon will not update, says error downloading update

Have you downloaded the newest version of Roon from Roon’s download site and tried to manually install it? Also, regarding your AirPlay issue, you may be experiencing a current issue with AirPlay behavior noted here

You may be able get Roon working with AirPlay if you move the progress bar a bit into the track, and then you can restart the track and everything should work as normal.

Has this ever worked for you? Because most people with that issue never had this working (there is no support for AirPlay 2 in Roon).

Hi @spayne20,

If you’re using a Samsung Q- or S-series soundbar, then you’ll require Airplay 2.0.

Airplay 2.0 compatibility is a commonly requested feature in Roon, but it’s not released at this time.

1 Like

A possible workaround to AirPlay 2 devices not being supported is to use one of the following devices;

iPhone with Roon Remote installed
iPad with Roo. remote installed

Setup the above as Roon Endpoints and within the control centre of the iOS device connect to the AirPlay 2 devices. This does work, I have tried.

Another way is to purchase a WiiM Pro or Pro Plus. As above method, setup these in the Roon Remote app. In the WiiM home app, transmit via AirPlay to the devices you want.

Whilst these methods are not ideal, it does provide a workaround.

YMMV

:innocent: