Roon Build 1400+ : Issues with Airplay Connection to Certain Endpoints [Ticket In, Fix Forthcoming]

Just updated to build 1401. Now Roon will not airplay to eversolo dmp A8. Help

Full form submission

What’s happening?

· I'm having trouble with my DAC, speakers, streamer, etc.

What best describes the issue with your audio device?

· Other

Describe the issue

Roon 1401 can no longer stream to homepod mini

It just looks like streaming to those non-backward-compatible airplay2 devices, I can still stream to some legacy AirPlay built-in devices

I’m facing the same issue. Tried restarting the Roon Core, HomePod as well as the network to no avail.

Seems to also be impacting other airplay devices which I are grouped.

Some logs:

--[ SignalPath ]---------------------------------------------
SignalPath Quality = HighQuality
Elements:
    Source Format=Flac 44100/16/2 BitRate=804 Quality=Lossless
    UpgradeBitDepth FromBitsPerSample=16 ToBitsPerSample=64 Quality=Lossless
    VolumeNormaliation GainDb=0 Quality=Lossless
    Truncate FromBitsPerSample=64 ToBitsPerSample=16 Quality=HighQuality
    Output OutputType=AirPlay Quality=HighQuality SubType= Model=AudioAccessory5,1
------------------------------------------------------------
04/16 20:32:19 Trace: [airplay/client] SETUP was successful
04/16 20:32:19 Trace: [airplay/client] Sending RECORD
04/16 20:32:19 Trace: [airplay/client] Record Succeeded
04/16 20:32:19 Trace: [airplay/client] Sending SET_PARAMETER volume -19.5db
04/16 20:32:19 Trace: [airplay/client] Sending RECORD
04/16 20:32:19 Warn: [airplay/client] RECORD failed: 500 Internal Server Error

Found a mitigate solution, not sure if it works for others: if the playback gets stuck, then just slide the progress bar to the middle of the song, then the playback starts, and then you click next, the playback will start as normal.

4 Likes

Hi, @Neil_Snyder, thank you for the report. Could you, please, tell me if I am getting it right that you are not able to start a playback session at all? Are you seeing any errors in the Roon UI? Could you, please, provide an approximate timestamp when you were not able to initiate a playback session on this device? We are going to request a remote diagnostics report from your RoonServer.

Could you, please, also provide more info about your system:

• What is the OS of the machine running RoonServer
  • Basic network information and how eversolo dmp A8 is connected to your network

Thanks!

–
Ivan

Same issue for me airplay is not working on my Eversolo dmp a8. With Apple Music or Qobuz airplay is working. It has to do with the latest update of Roon.

Roon is running on a Mac-mini 2018 with latest MacOs Sanoma 14.4.1 that is connect via ethernet cable to my TP-link Deco x50 mesh system, my ever solo is also connected via ethernet cable to the same TP-link Deco x50 mesh system. I have a iPhone 15 plus and iPad Pro 2021 with Roon remote on it to control Roon.

Roon running on basic Nucleus.

Eversolo DMP-A8 conbected to Roon via Ethernet to the same network.

Roon sees eversolo as an airplay device. I enable it.

Eversolo, upon play, shows source for a second and then stops and indicates "no source "

Used both a samsung s24 phone and m1 imac as roon endpoints. Same issue with both.

Neil

I am running mac os sonoma 14.4. 1.

Neil

No errors in the Roon system. It simply shows the track go immediately from play to pause.

Full form submission

What’s happening?

· I'm having trouble playing music

What best describes your playback issue?

· Playback starts, but I don't hear any music

Describe the issue

Airplay no longer works with latest update 1401

Same issue as the one I reported before.

Homepods mini no longer play music/radio since 2.0.28 & 2.0.29

ROON server Synology 918+ running 2.0.33
Roon remotes iphone/mac/ipad running 2.0.33
Homepods mini running OS17.4

Music appears to be plaing in the endpoints popup menu, however the progress bar at the bottom does not move. Other applications can play without issues on the homepods
Workaround no longer solves the issue.

Looking at tour last topics. I would try this work around now.

Unpair them, remove from Roon and setup Airplay password.

If roon were the only app accessing the HomePods I would try, I am not willing to change all other apps, and ask anyone in the family to do so, just because an upgrade of Roon screwed up the use of airplay.

Totally unacceptable

2 Likes

I was expecting that reply. It was just a suggestion.

Remember that Roon only uses Airplay 1, not 2. So there are limits.

Hope someone can help.

tried anyhow out of curiosity and it does not work

Facing the same issue with build 1401.

Similar issue reported here:
Unable to Stream Roon 1401 to HomePod Mini (ref#HVLAUT) - Support - Roon Labs Community

Workaround works at the moment, but not ideal, and doesn’t work where I have grouped airplay devices.

One piece of info. I checkedvthe airplay IP address and they are the same on both Roon and the DMP-A8.

Works for me too. I hope I won’t have to do so every time

indeed a workaround, but not a definitive one as you need to reapply at every new album you want to play.

and does no apply to live radio streaming :woozy_face: