Sound on both HiFi system & Mac mini when screen sharing active (ref#R4N5IQ)

Hi,

I’ve installed Roon on my Mac Mini M2, I’m just discovering the application, I did some listening yesterday.

My primary system is as follow: Canor DAC 2.10, Active V110SE & Focal Utopia Diablo.

My Mini is connected to my DAC via USB, and I control it via my MBP as a screen sharing.

Last night and this morning, I was hearing crackling noises from the Mac Mini when screen sharing is active.

So no problem on my HiFi system, when playing, crackling from via screen sharing, any ideas?

Thanks

Testing now, I still have noise crackling or music & crackling on my Mini also though screen sharing :

1. My Mac Mini is a M2 with 16 Gb @ macOS 14.4.1
  2. Roon Server 2.0

My DAC is a Canor 2.10, no preampfification, so in theory I am not supposed to be able to adjust the volume, maybe I’m wrong.

I tested Fixed volume & Volume form the peripheral, no changes…

Here is what I have:

&

Full form submission

What’s happening?

· I'm having trouble with my DAC, speakers, streamer, etc.

What best describes the issue with your audio device?

· Other

Describe the issue

I'm using Roon on a Mac mini M2 16 Gb, that i manage from my MBP with screen sharing, since then when playing musing, my Mini play also the music, but with crackling, and when I stop the playing, my Mini is still crackling...

Hi,

Is there any official support for the shorter trial period?

Yes, there is. However, your support request is in the support queue and will be responded to in order. Support doesn’t work weekends, so, today will be the first day back to address support requests since Friday night.

That said, maybe as a fellow user I can offer some assistance…

Do you need to control it via screen sharing?

You could load Roon on the MBP and during install choose to connect to the server running on the Mac Mini instead of installing it local. This will let you run Roon on the MBP as a CLIENT to the server on the Mac Mini.

Alternatively, you could load Roon Remote on a tablet and control it from there.

1 Like

Hi,

Just for some macOS update, but does it matter?

Ok, I bought a Mini M2 for Roon, what’s the advantage of it?

I’m using the Roon remote app, no problem.

Best

Roon is a server/client program. The server needs to be running all the time. You don’t need the graphic part running on the Mac Mini at all.

You then run Roon as a client to control the server. Either on your MBP, or tablet.

You do want a server you can let just run and not worry about, the mac mini.

1 Like

I bought my Mini to run 7/24h headless, I only access it for updates, file transfers…

Hi I’m almost halfway through my trial period.

It’s usually not a problem to extend it

Hi, I’m not sure I understand you. Can you rephrase? Thank you

If you have troubles during the trial that prevent you from trying Roon properly, they usually make your trial longer if you ask

2 Likes

Ok, thanks, how can I ask?

Well, when hopefully someone from Support will show up here …

1 Like

Let’s hope before the end of my trial period.

1 Like

6 days left :frowning:

It’s the weekend
@support can you take a look?

Hey @KeizerSauze,

Thanks a lot for diving into Roon with all your devices and so much dedication. I’m really sorry our support team wasn’t able to reply directly since you reported the issues you were running into.

I can confirm this request is in their queue and they’re working their way into replying.

In the meantime, we’ve extended your trial so there is sufficient time to address it.

Thank you very much for working with us :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi @beka

Thanks for you answer. Roon is just amazing, thanks for the extended trial period.

Best
KS

1 Like