Sound United Brings Roon Tested Compatibility to 68 Denon and Marantz Products

I am not complaining about either Roon or Marantz. Sometime a quick response to a post may sound like a complain. I am fine sending music to the Marantz via Aiplay from Roon. It is just the AV system, not a two channel system. My Marantz SR5012 which is a listed device on page linked to under the Marantz link in the first post has done Airplay for a while by the time this thread started. In terms of streaming to it from any software or hardware via Airplay, it was not new by then. And it has always been stable and smooth streaming via Airplay to it from S/W or H/W other than Roon. In that context, I don’t think anything new was introduced by the original post.
When I first saw this thread, I was excited like others here to think that the post meant the Marantz and Roon are playing together at the RAAT level, even the term used was “Roon Test”. Until I saw the date and others responses then I knew it was not the case.
Now, it is unclear by “Roon Tested” in this case whether it means there are more functions beyond simply Airplay to the Marantz. There is an old post back in 2015 (linked below) by Mr. Dulai about “Roon Test” “…This is mostly in signal path and the footer, but we will do more and more “special” things with these devices.”
I am interested to know what special things, if any, beyond simply streaming via Airplay to the Marantz is implied here. It is always good to find that your gears can do more.