Soundtracks Anybody?

Spent the holidays watching The Hobbit and LotR series with the fam. I forgot just how good these soundtracks were, especially LotR.

I actually need to buy these.

8 Likes

Stumbled upon this and liking it

9 Likes

That’s a good one. Also check out “The Fountain” by the same composer.

3 Likes

Favorite film of 2021! Fantastic music too.

1 Like

This thread been a bit quiet recently.

5 Likes

I don’t remember that song… Hmmmm. An excuse to re-listen? :smiley:

1 Like

I had forgotten what a good soundtrack it was.
Forcing the team to have a day of sound tracks.
The next one

(though technically more of a soundtrack of soundtracks)

1 Like

RoonShareImage-637825543781244914

Interesting indie collection.

1 Like

This one is better than the title suggests.

4 Likes

I lived next to a woman who only had that one CD for years and years.

1 Like

Oh my, that is so sad.

Films of Jean Rollin
Compilation album - various artists (1994)

Jean Rollin

Cat Stevens
Harold & Maude (1971)

Harold

6 Likes

Ennio Morricone
(geez after all this time I’ve still got loads more Morricone I don’t think posted).
Here’s one:

Giornata Nera PerL’Ariete (1971)
It’s a Giallo film, so the music associated with this genre of film is typically tense & dark.

Ennio

Giornata nera per l’Ariete II

3 Likes

Deleted post above was a testing post to see whether I could post more than 3 consecutive posts - seems that’s fine. :sunglasses:

Strange - search tells me I’ve not posted any Piero Umiliani. :thinking:

Piero Umiliani
5 Bambole Per La Luna D’Agosto (1970)
Mostly ‘light’ jazz, bossa, and ‘easy’ listening style soundtrack. If anything it’s a bit long - around 70mins.

Piero

La Legge dei Gangsters (1969)
I’d suggest as a standalone album this is superior to the above, with a stronger big band jazz focus & is arguably up there with some of his better works.

La Legge

2 Likes

5 Likes

Eiko Ishibashi
Drive My Car (2021)

This is a delightful soundtrack & is an adaptation of Japanese author Haruki Murakami’s (I do like his books) short story ‘Men Without Women’.

This album ranges from light jazz to ambient piano & it’s mostly about subtle changes. Having a quick check across the net, this album seems to receive high praise from all the usual suspects and then some. And apparently, the movie is excellent.

It’s not much different than driving back and forth every day, returning to the same places only to find them a little changed. Vanessa Ague

Eiko is a bit of a renegade herself: her massive discography is littered with masterpieces of every stripe, from the Steely Dan-esque sophisti-pop of 2014’s Car and Freezer to 2018’s unsettling, engrossing The Dream My Bones Dream . There’s also, among many others: 2021’s ambient project countless dream ; 2015’s live noise piece memory of a nearby factory ; and her most recent release, an experimental jazz record For McCoy ostensibly dedicated to the Law & Order character played by Sam Waterston. Her discography is tied together by her formal mastery, her ear for space, and her quiet irreverence.

Eiko

2 Likes

Don’t recall seeing this which is surprising. Never tire of this.

RoonShareImage-637851802459473056

Slip this in here.

RoonShareImage-637851803250561215

4 Likes

:+1: 10 chars…

1 Like