Spinning circle after Tidal Login

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Innuos zenith core/surface studio.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet) Ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
USB to Kii Three in core, USB to chord Dave/m scaler/ATC SCM 100 on the other

Description Of Issue
I lost my Tidal connection, so I logged in again. Since that time, Roon fails to work at all despite saying I’m logged in to Tidal. When I play any music, it basically just stalls. Here is a picture with the Dreaded Spinning Circle.

A post was split to a new topic: Can’t login to TIDAL with Roon

A post was split to a new topic: Spinning circle after Tidal Login (same problem that others have reported)

Hi @Robert_Gries,

If you click on the red warning triangle in the top right corner of Roon, what do you see? Can you share a screenshot of the error message there?

Have you confirmed that your iPad is using the latest Roon app version? You can navigate to Roon Settings -> About to check that you’re on build 528.

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Can’t login to TIDAL with Roon

A post was merged into an existing topic: Can’t login to TIDAL with Roon

The red triangle just states I haven’t backed up in two years. I can’t find a folder that is not invalid, but that is not my concern here.

Hi @Robert_Gries,

Are you able to use the TIDAL web player with this same TIDAL account to properly start playback?

What is your network setup like, can you list the model/manufacturer of your networking gear and how the Core is connected to your network? Is it connected directly to the router?

Does the same behavior occur for both the Kii Three and other zones as well or is the behavior limited to the Kii zone?

Happens for both. I find that I have had to log out of Tidal, then log back in - it will then work for 2-3 days then I will have to repeat the process.

Hi @Robert_Gries,

If you click on the red triangle in the upper right corner, what error message do you see listed there?

Could you please provide your network setup info as per my previous message?

The error message with the red triangle just states I need to back up which because I stream 99.99 percent of the time I’m not worried about.

The router not connected directly - powerline Ethernet adapter (router in another room and cannot be moved.

I have an Innuos Zenith severe as core ethernet wired to the internet. The USB is connected to Kii Three (powered speakers with DAC).

My other setup is a Microsoft Surface Studio (desktop PC windows 10) connected to Chord M scaler via USB, to Chord Dave (DAC) connected to ATC speaker (powered).

I basically have to log out of Roon setup for Tidal EVERYDAY that I want to use, it, them log back in again. Which wasn’t that big a deal until I started getting this error message.

At this point I am wondering if my setup is hopelessly corrupted and I have to reinstall Roon from scratch - which I would not mind since again I stream most of the time.

If you don’t have a roon backup and reinstall you won’t have any of the tracks or albums that you added in roon just the ones you favourited in the streaming service.

Hello @Robert_Gries,

Thanks for posting this screenshot, this is a bit helpful:

The “MissingMethod” error only occurs when your Roon Remotes are out of date with the Core.
Have you been trying to login to TIDAL only via this remote?

I would update your Roon iOS application from the App Store and ensure that you have build 528 installed for both the Core and any remotes you may have (you can check the build number in Roon Settings -> About).

I reinstalled the software on the pc, iPhone and IPad and it seems to be working so far.

I have a simpler question now - is it possible to sort playlists by how recently they were added rather than just alphabetical or song count? My most recent playlists would be much easier to reach that way because sometimes I forget the titles.

1 Like

Hi @Robert_Gries,

Glad to hear you’re up and running after performing a reinstall of the app!

Thanks for the feedback here, but this is a feature request.

Since this appears to be "working as designed" I would recommend also posting your suggestion in the Feature Request section of the site.

Our product team and developers keep a close eye on that category, so that’s definitely the best place to propose a change like this and get feedback from the Community.

I thought the problem was fixed with reinstalling Roon on my computer, iPad and iPhone and just last night it failed again. It locks up when playing any music on Tidal. I am running out of solutions.

To answer an earlier question in the thread I have a netgear nighthawk router whose firmware I updated last month. It connects to my server via power line Ethernet.

Power lines aren’t recommended by roon as they often lead to problems. They may work but…

Hello @Robert_Gries,

As @ged_hickman1 mentioned we have often seen issue surrounding Powerline adapters. Could you please try connecting your Core directly to the router, reboot the Core and verify if you have the same issue?

I did and it did the same thing. I don’t think it’s a network issue. If I use the live radio feature, for example (which I do just about exclusively now) Roon works fine in any room.

I tried cleaning up the files this morning and it did work ( and actually with less lag than before) but then it acted up again this afternoon. It may have something to do with directories being created and then it locks up?!?
Basically what happens is I click on a song, and the blue bar scoots back and forth on the bottom as if it is locked up. Again, if a total reboot is needed, I have only a dozen CDs to rip again. I just want this to work.

I am letting you know I think I figured it out- with the reset it lost my audio settings for my Kii control and my chord Hugo M scaler so I selected them in the audio settings and now, knock on wood, I think it is working again. Thanks for your help thus far

1 Like