Spinning wheel when adding album to library [Ticket In]

Just found this thread. I just posted the same issue, is this still in the works to being fixed?

oh yes, the great news is that this BUG has been ā€˜selected for developmentā€™ according to roon support, isnt that just wonderful, 8 months so far but iā€™m thrilled with the selction so iā€™ll just wait indefinitely

@beka

Is there a timeline for when this gets addressed?

Itā€™s been a problem for a very long time now and it is, for me, the most consistently annoying bug in an otherwise awesome product. Itā€™s like that tiny little pebble in an otherwise very comfy pair of shoes.

It seems to happen most often if I try to add the currently playing album to my library (not sure if it has to be the same album thatā€™s playing, but for sure happens when it is).

I mostly use the app on iPad but also see the bug on the windows app as well.

Any update would be appreciated.

2 Likes

This is still an issue in build 1353/1352.

1 Like

And itā€™s still an issue in the latest version of Roon. I have had a bit of a break from Roon and now back. I was having this exact same problem before and it is still happening. I have a whole new set of idevices now and new fibre broadband and router, new network streamer, new wired Ethernet, the works! (Not because of this issue I should add - that would be insane!) So I can rule out any of my old equipment. Just to recap, every 4 or 5 albums adding from Qobuz to library, I get the constant spinning wheel but ALSO a black message saying been added to library. And sure enough if I go to my library there it is. And then I go back to the place I was adding the album from and the wheel is still spinning. And as the original OP said cannot add to a tag from that screen as that screen thinks the album has not been added to the library!!

@support any update? Do I submit another ticket? If so how do I do that?

@Sam_King - the best course of action is always to open your own Support request in the Support category of the forum and describe your setup in detail if you want help from the Support team.

They will be able to examine your Roon Server logs, which should aid in diagnosis.

2 Likes

Thanks @Geoff_Coupe I have done this now. I thought the developers had been able to replicate the issue? Anyway sent in support request with my set up details.

This topic was automatically closed after 12 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.