Stable release 2019/06/03 (276)

So… you took the time to visit the website, use the product or have a look around over here? Then you could have found out yourself that HQPlayer is not supported.

Wrt to DSD512: @wizardofoz is a big guy that can take care of himself and a user from the first hour that invested time and energy in this project :wink:

But from my side I’m only providing support up until DSD256.

1 Like

It seems to be in /etc/ropieee.conf, but the port setting is not really that interesting.

@spockfish: Does /opt/RoPieee/conf/sshd_config survive updates? The install routine fans out the files in this directory to their usual positions. Or is there any other sticky mechanism by which I could keep the settings? I am command-line savvy, so I could live with a hack until there is either a stable solution or SSH access is locked down altogether.

Any idea why builtin Wi-Fi is still not working properly?

You can change the port in /etc/ropieee.conf

After which you need to run:

systemctl start ropieee-configure

Needless to say that you’re on you’re own with this.

WiFi is rather crappy with the onboard chipset. It has always been, but at least with the previous kernel (4.14) it was workable. With 4.19 things seem worse.

One thing I’m gonna change (short term) is the configuration itself: right now both interfaces are enabled and make a difference in routing by manipulating routing priorities. Although that should work I’m going to change this in a more traditional bonding setup.

Not sure if this will affect wireless stability, but you never know :wink:

I changed my Ropieee PI3 to DietPi with Roon Bridge to see if the wifi would connect. It did. Is this because it has an earlier kernel. If so I wonder if it would be possible to get a Ropieee image with an earlier kernel and just the bridge with no extra features and only a manual update?

There is, but it’s rather tricky. It means manipulating the database, and try to trick it. Let me have a look this weekend if I can find time to write up a procedure to follow.

Thanks,

1 Like

Harry, thanks. If it is too much time, I don’t mind flashing them all. The only value would be if this repeats itself in the future, or if it leads to slightly optimized update procedure.

@spockfish I tried to make a clean new installation, with the actual image from the RoPieee HP and an external wifi stick, because of the problem with the internal wifi of the 3+. Unfortunately it failed.
I also tried it without the stick. Again impossible…

Any ideas?

can you provide feedback? Iv’e got it running over here on wifi. except stability it should work, especially with a external stick.

Unfortunately no. The booting ended in nirvana… With and without the stick.

Is it correct that the download image is from 18.05.?

that i find weird. So you downloaded the latest image from the website, connected a cable, and booted?

Correct. :roll_eyes:

but when did it hang? after configuring wireless? and you left the cable connected?

before the slow blinking. So i have no chance to configure anything…

this has nothing to do with wireless then.

Wireless is not even enabled during installation. It’s something that you need to configure explicitly. So why do you think it hangs during booting? How long did you wait?

About 5 minute.

I think that you should give it more time.

Ok. New flashing in progress. Let´s see…

BTW, if i want to use the wifi stick, must it be connected at the 1st boot?

No slow blinking after 1 hr…

then there’s something else going on…

How did you burn the image?
And you’re sure that on the cable there’s internet access?