Static/Sputtering noise during playback through Bluesound Nodes

Hi @noris ,

This afternoon I was able to resolve the issue, for the time being at least.

This caught my eye from @Robert_Frohn-Tefehne

I went in my BluOs app and removed all shared drives. This cleared up the audio immediately for me. This was the only change I made since last week. Also, moments prior to removing the shared drives I had static/sputtering through Roon. Now gone!

Does the issue lie within Bluesound’s mapping of shared drives?

I have 2 Bluesound Nodes. I found that if you do a factory reset on one and finish the setup process before you do a factory reset on the 2nd Bluesound, the network shares aren’t cleared out. If you were to perform a factory reset on both, wait until they are both showing that they are ready to be set up, would this clear the network shares in BluOs? If you only had one Bluesound device on your network and performed a factory reset, would that clear the shared drives? I’m unable to test this at the moment.

Could this be why the factory reset works for some but not all? If the shared drives don’t get cleared the problem remains?

Another note I’m now realizing. When Roon worked with Bluesound, prior to this issue, they were both connected to the same shared drive on a Synology NAS. Sometime before I started noticing the issue, I made a change. I attached an external hard drive directly to my NUC Rock and removed the mapping to the NAS. I left the Nodes, through BluOs, connected to the Synology NAS. Could there be an issue of having them look at separate drives?

@dcw96161 does any of this correlate to your situation?

@noris does this correlate with diagnostic findings?

2 Likes