Static with Dirac Live and Roon

@support: I’m having the same problem at described here: Static during playback with 1.2 and Dirac [Solved]. However the solution described doesn’t apply as the option is no longer available in the buffer drop down.

Setup is as follows:

• i5 NUC running Roon ROCK
  • i5 NUC running Roon Bridge (on Win10) > Dirac Live > Yggy

No static bypassing Dirac and going to the Yggy.

Thoughts?

Hi @jcn3 ----- Thank you for the report and sharing your feedback with us. Can you provide me a screenshot highlighting what you are seeing under the “playback” tab for the DIRAC zone?

I just had one of our team members confirm that they still have access the the mentioned setting (i.e “Use Power-of-2 Hardware Buffer Size”).

-Eric

@Eric,

first, my apologies for the delay in responding – i clearly don’t have my notifications set up properly.

i do not see the same thing you see under the playback tab. please see the included screen shots:

thoughts?

thanks,

jim

@Eric – just to be complete, added shot of software versions.

Hi @jcn3 —— Thank you again for your continued feedback and more importantly, thank you for your patience while I have been discussing this behavior with our tech and DEV teams.

Moving forward, I can confirm that we have heard similar reports from users, and have also seen this in-house. In many cases, people have been able to reduce or eliminate static by adjusting settings such as “event driven mode” or by increasing/decreasing WASAPI’s buffer size. I would start by playing with those settings, and seeing if you can tune this behavior away.

Let me know how your testing goes!
-Eric

@Eric – thanks for the reply. I’ll play around with the buffer and see how it goes.

One thing that I don’t understand is why your screen shot of the playback tab has different settings than mine. What’s the deal with that?

Thanks,

Jim

Looking forward to your feedback after you’ve done some testing, @jcn3.

I should have updated my screenshot, apologies :dizzy_face: the difference in settings was between MAC (mine) Windows (yours).

-Eric