Steelseries Arctis 7 unidentified device

Hello,

I installed Roon on my PC and it does see my headset and and display its name but keeps it as unidentified device! (https://imgur.com/a/qx01ylU)
Please advice what to do, all drivers are installed.

Kind regards,
Robert

That message just indicates that Roon has no information about that device. It doesn’t indicate an inability to playback to the device.

So, if you are playing music fine, then just ignore it. If you are not getting any sound, then there is something else going on and support will need more information.

It doesn’t play any music, that’s the problem. I press Play, it shows the song for half a second on the bottom bar then “Nothing Playing” appears . Tell me what more info you want from me.

Hi @Robert_Petrache2,

I have a few questions:

• What is your network setup like, please list the model/manufacturer of all your networking gear.
  • How is the Arctis connected to the Core, USB or Analog?
  • Do your other zones work as expected and this issue just affects that one zone?
  • Does local content work as expected or does this issue affect both types of content?
  • Do you by any chance have the option to enable “Workaround devices that misreport capabilities” as mentioned on this thread?

Thanks,
Noris

Hello,

First I want to say that Roon is playing with everything else.

1. My network is gigabit with Ubiquiti products
  2. USB
  3. Works perfect
  4. Arctis 7 does not work with type of media
  5. I tried, nothing changed.

Thank you!

For a 500 USD app, support is “amazing”…

Robert,

Worth taking into account that a new release of Roon was released 3-4 days ago and the message volume here on the forum and the workload for support has skyrocketed.

Tim

Hello @Robert_Petrache2,

Could you try the following steps to see if you can get playback working to the Steelseries Arctis 7

1. In Windows, set the Steelseries Arctis 7 as your system audio output.
  2. In Roon, go to the Settings > Audio screen.
  3. Enable the “System Output” zone shown at the top of the screen. Be sure to add a name to the zone.
  4. Attempt playback to the “System Output” zone using Roon.

-John

Hello John and thanks for your reply.

Please see the screen recording I did here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcNAjgCLUUY

Nothing changed. I tried to play from Tidal and also from my library. It just jumps from track to track. If I select my Denon receiver as an output, everything works perfect.

Hello @Robert_Petrache2,

Unfortunately, the YouTube video is showing as “unavailable” for me.

If you use the steps listed before and play to the “System Output” zone in Roon, this should remove any incompatibility with the device because Roon simply acts as any other application on your computer and plays to the Windows Sound Mixer. If you are able to get sound from the device while playing a YouTube video in a web browser, playing to the “System Output” zone in Roon should work exactly the same way.

-John

I’ve set the video to public so now shuld work I guess: https://youtu.be/GcNAjgCLUUY

Hello @Robert_Petrache2,

Have you tried reinstalling the Steelsound driver yet? I would give that a try to see if it that helps.
Also, can you confirm that you are able to play YouTube as expected using the Operating System?
What if you select “System Output” on your Core and output the sound to the headphones that way, does it work as expected?

Thanks,
Noris

Hello,

I did reinstall the driver without success. I can play everything with sound on this headset except Roon. I only kept Steelseries headphones output in Windows so there is nothing else. The problem as you can see in the video is that the songs are skipped so there is no song working to even hear anything or not.

Hello @Robert_Petrache2,

If you select a windows audio output that is not the Steelseries headphones, are you able to get playback to the “System Output” zone in Roon to work correctly?

-John