Stop playing at the end of current track / insert a “pause” at an arbitrarily-chosen point in the queue

Just in case someone is not aware of this potential workaround:

I would like to see an option to “Pause the Queue after Current Track” available by clicking on the Now Playing track in the Queue.

Cheers,
Robert

There is a Roon extension called Queue Bot that does this and I regularly use it.

It certainly would be a nice addition to Roon directly.

.sjb

1 Like

@moderators how about we combine some if these threads seems we have at least four now making the same request.

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/being-able-to-preset-a-pause-in-the-queue/23627

3 Likes

Thank you @Sloop_John_B, I will look into that!

Cheers,
Robert

Done, thanks for the links.

Here´s something that might perhaps sound silly but that I really miss: Sometimes I am listening to music, want to come to an end but however do not want to brutally interrupt the song that´s currently playing. Show some respect to music…

So if there was a “Stop after current song” feature one might use this without eagerly waiting for the current song to end to then rush so push a Stop button before the next song starts to then again…

[Moderator edit, it is reasonable to assume the OP does not wish to clear the queue at this time.]

1 Like

I miss this also :+1:

Suggest you consolidate this with the existing feature request and remove your vote here and add it to that one so it might get more attention.

In the meantime there is a Roon extension called queue bit thar does this better than the alternatives here but not as well as the way your feature request would.

2 Likes

I came here to post a feature request that does what’s described in this thread: add a button to ‘pause after current track’ and a way to queue a pause point. Could be either through the play queue or the sleep timer function. It’s just more elegant than trying to hit that pause button right after the current track ends, which never quite works out. It’s nice to have a breather in between tracks sometimes, similar to what you have when you have to flip a vinyl - usually a good moment talk about the music a little too.

1 Like