Stream for WPLN Nashville not working

I can play WEVL Memphis on both regular and XL without any problems. And yes it’s mono, but Roon maps this to 2.0.

Anything you would suggest I try?

For example, would you like me to upgrade the device to XL and see if these stations then work? Or would that squander the opportunity to diagnose whatever weird thing may be going on?

So I went ahead and upgraded to XL. It works in general, but still won’t play WPLN or WEVL. Does this suggest a hardware problem?

I can reproduce if I add convolution to the stream. This is a known problem with mono streams, see

Roon does not do the mapping to 2.0.

Do you have convolution set up for the endpoint that won’t play?

1 Like

Genius. Yes!

That appears to have been the issue. When I disable convolution, WPLN and WEVL work fine.

Thanks Brian!

1 Like

Excellent; slightly annoying for you to turn it off and on I’m sure, but at least you can listen.

Agree. Not a big deal.
I would say the bigger issue from a user perspective is the one we’ve just resolved: knowing that convolution will block the mono feed.
Might I suggest that those stations that are mono be tagged with a message that convolution filters will block them?

A good thought - although there are some 2000 or so stations I believe and I don’t know which are mono without playing them.

You are the first radio listener to have encountered this problem, so it’s easier (for me) to respond as and when the problem surfaces again. And Roon might fix it!

Interesting. Is that because using convolution filters isn’t that common, mono stations aren’t common, or because although those things are common enough, those listeners aren’t playing mono stations.

I don’t know, but suspect your first thought is correct and believe the second.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.