Streaming DAC lost connection with Roon Nucleus. Settings changed in Roon 'Settings/Audio'

Hi @DJM,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you here due to the holiday season.

I’m seeing issues with your Core communicating with our account authentication servers and diagnostics servers. Some network timeouts are to be expected on a network, but I’m seeing more Network Errors than usual in your logs.

Your best option is to use a non-ISP router and have the current one in “Bridge Mode” (where it acts just as a modem). We don’t endorse a specific router brand, but we have found non-ISP routers to work much better in general for Roon.

If you are only seeing issues when you IP’s DHCP lease expires, then yes, but I saw network errors multiple times per day, IP leases are usually 24 hours. I don’t think it would help too much, but if you want you can set up Address Reservation in your current/next router to ensure that the router hands the same IP to the device.

A Cisco one would likely work fine, but if you want to read up on review there’s a few threads around the forum:

I would avoid using Managed Switches in the Roon setup though, especially Cisco Managed Switches.

Hope this helps and Happy Holidays :fireworks:

1 Like