Streaming Radio Crashing Repeatedly

I used to stream these stations without fail, the last 2-3 weeks they all drop out constantly:

KCRW: http://media.kcrw.com/pls/kcrwsimulcast.pls
Eclectic 24: http://media.kcrw.com/pls/kcrwmusic.pls
News 24: http://media.kcrw.com/pls/kcrwnews.pls

Have no issue streaming them via the KCRW iPhone app

Thanks for sharing your report with us, @Peter_Apple!

May I ask that you please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Are all stations having trouble playing or just these stations? Are you able to play any FLAC radio stations?

Thanks,
Dylan

Thank you I

And have the Mac running via ethernet, all WiFi is off.

Hope this helps,

Peter

Thanks for the info, @Peter_Apple!

Can you confirm if this happens for all radio stations? If you play a FLAC station do you experience the same difficulties?

Do you have a TIDAL account? Does streaming TIDAL work okay?

Can you give a little more information about what kind of networking hardware is in use? What kind of router, are there any switches, etc.

Do you experience this behavior for all endpoints? If you play directly to System Output of the Core machine do the dropouts still occur?

Thanks,
Dylan

Hi - I don’t have any FLAC station, it seems to mostly be these KCRW stream but I will confirm

I also stream KUSC and TFS jazz and from memory those don’t have problems.

Tidal steams well, I can send router info later tonight when home

Thanks for the help,

Peter

So two other streaming stations work fine, Tidal I have not had time to try yet at length.

Thanks for the details, @Peter_Apple.

Does this behavior happen right away? Or does it only happen after playing the station for some time?

HI - it will play for a while before dropping, sometimes for 5 mins sometimes for 30 mins before the station drops.

KUSC and TSF Jazz, two other streaming station, play fine.

Thanks @Peter_Apple,

If it’s just that one station, it may be an issue with that particular stream. I’m going to see if I can get the same behavior to occur.

May I ask that you elaborate on exactly what you’re experiencing when the problem occurs? Is Roon crashing, or is the stream just stopping. When it stops is there any error message? Are you able to start it right back up again after it stops?

Thanks,
Dylan

Hey @Peter_Apple,

Can you confirm if this stream works for you outside of Roon and their app? Their app may be using a different stream than the one you linked, so knowing if this works elsewhere will help to narrow down what may be causing the behavior.

Thanks,
Dylan

It may be the feed, I wrote the station but have not heard back yet. I don’t know if the app uses a different stream, is there a way for me to check this within the KCRW iPhone app somehow? Happy to look. Their site also does not stop playing, i I have one of their stations playing on KCRW.com it will play fine.

Roon does not crash, the station just stops playing, I need to hit the ‘Play’ button again on Roon remote and it will pick up again, sometimes with a little delay to get started

HI any progress on this?

I have not heard back from KCRW re: streaming issues

Hey @Peter_Apple,

I just checked our internal tracker and confirmed that this is under investigation by the team. I have been able to replicate the behavior with this particular station on my end, so it seems like this may be a bad stream. The technical team is investigating further to see if there’s any more we can learn about the cause of the dropouts with this station. I’ll be sure to update this thread as soon as I receive their feedback.

Thanks,
Dylan

Hey @Peter_Apple,

Thanks for your patience while we have been investigating! I had a chat with the team today, and unfortunately it seems this is a problem with the stream. The team has been able to replicate the behavior outside of Roon, and our diagnostics report also point to there being a problem with the stream.

Currently contacting the station is the best option.

Kind regards,
Dylan