Stuttering issues with local and Tidal

I don’t want new features I want a good working app that doesn’t stutter all the time like it does now. This is the case here a few days. It stutters with both Tidal and NAS. Also again it takes a minute before a album from my NAS begins to play. Getting a bit tired off it. I have a lifetime description. Nothing in my setup has changed and nothing is updated. So no time wasting to just more features but a good working app please!!!

What are you using the App on? I use an iPad Pro and everything just works, always has done really. No issues beyond and app restart occasionally and a Roon app reboot in my QNAP NAS. (Ram saturated)

1 Like

It doesn’t matter where the remote is running from. It’s the server app that’s giving me a headache again. The server app is running on my synology nas and the core is running on my Mac mini. Before the latest big update I didn’t had any problems. So that’s why I’m not so font of new big bling bling updates but I want the stable software which was the reason to by it back.

@Richard_van_Enteren Are you sure you don’t mean your music is stored on your NAS and Core on Macmini…

what spec is your Mac mini and are you using wifi connections in any of this?

if the core is on the NAS then what and make and model is it…not all NAS can cope with Roon

Server and Core are one in the same…so where its running is important for performance reasons.

1 Like

Hi @Richard_van_Enteren,

I extracted these posts into a separate Support thread so these issues can be investigated and fixed.

As wizardofoz has indicated, a description of your setup is the first step. Are you running two Cores ?

1 Like

Hi @Richard_van_Enteren,

This is not a typical issue that everyone is having when using Roon, so it sounds like there is something else going on here.

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Is this happening with all Zones?

2 Likes

Thanks for moving this…I was about to go in and add maybe moving this lot to a new support thread would be applicable but you beat me to it. :sunglasses:

1 Like

I’m having the same problems. Didn’t have them two weeks ago when I started my 60 day trial. Mine might be because of WIFI to my Oppo, but maybe not.

I will answer the rest of this tomorrow but it did run good until the latest big release so before that release my setup was good. A bit strange it should suddenly be not good is my first thought. But as I said, the rest will follow tomorrow. First some sleep now😉. But already thanks for the reply.

1 Like

It’s 3:45am for me too so I’ve done for now

1 Like

Hi Dylan,

Thanks for moving this topic and also thanks for all the people that are trying to help me out. I will visit the link and will do my best to define my entire setup.

Kind regards,

Richard

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.