Subscribe to Qobuz?

You can do the trial, and before it ends, change plans to the annual, when you actually make the payment.

5 Likes

Why are you responding to my post?

This is my understanding as well.

James, it doesn’t work that way for new sign ups. I recently signed up for a monthly plan with Qobuz. After a week or so into the free 30 trial I decided I wanted to keep it, so I went for the $150 annual plan to grab it before the promotion ran out. As soon as I signed up for the annual plan they cancelled the free trial and charged me $150 and I was then on the annual plan.

2 Likes

Interesting.

I’m seriously leaning towards the monthly plan to start.

No more thinking…signed up for monthly plan.:grinning::+1:

2 Likes

And now the questions really start!

I added my first album to my collection. It shows in Album view and Artist view, but not in Genre view when looking at all albums under genre (Pop/Rock in this case). Is this normal? If so, if I play by genre, are Qobuz albums I’ve added not included in what’s played?

I don’t usually use Genre playback, but I opened some Genres to check for you and I’m seeing Qobuz albums that I’ve added to my library there. When running in Roon Radio mode, it will randomly play tracks both from your library and from Qobuz’s library, thus allowing you to discover new music/new artists.

When I select Genre, then Pop/Rock, then view all albums, it doesn’t show there. If I select Genre, Pop/Rock, view all artists, then select the appropriate artist, it does show there.

I just went back to check, and now all the genre tags on the Quboz albums I’ve added so far have disappeared completely!!

What is going on??

Btw, if I go in to edit the genre tag manually to Pop/Rock, the genre tag reappears in the album view, and now it also appears in Genre, Pop/Rock, view all artists.

Am I going to have to manually edit the genre tag for every Qobuz album I add? This doesn’t make sense.

EDIT: I see what’s going on. I had Roon set to just read file tags. When looking at a Qobuz album, all the genre tags show, but as soon as I add it to my collection, the genre tags disappeared. I have it now set to show genre tags from files and Roon, and now the albums appear as they should.

3 Likes

I just subscribed to Qobuz and got the discount. Used their app to transfer my playlists, favorite artists, favorite albums, and favorite tracks from Tidal, and canceled Tidal. Very easy!

Thanks, everyone for making this suggestion!

1 Like

Their app? Do you mean Soundiiz?

Yes, sorry, not a Qobuz app. I paid the first month fee of $4.50 so I could transfer everything from Tidal and it worked quickly and easily.

I did the free trial and then on the last day signed up for the annual program. In reality it didn’t take 30 days to convince me this was a service I would enjoy.

Part of the original question was whether or not to sign up at all for one of these services and instead rely upon his local library. I am a Tidal subscriber but have mixed feelings about the whole streaming affair. Yes, I have access to an incomprehensibly large amount of new music, which is a plus. A downside is that I have access to an incomprehensibly large amount of music. A part of me finds the sheer amount of music too daunting and it in part dilutes my enjoyment. In the days of CD’s, I’d buy a couple each month and have time to really explore and savor them, really get to know them. I could do that with Tidal, but with so many choices I find myself off to next adventure rather than really getting to know a recording intimately. That’s not Tidal’s fault per se, but I can’t help myself.

7 Likes

Does anyone have an idea of when they will release a family plan option? With a few kids and my parents sharing Tidal, it’s tough to make the switch. I saw Qobuz say they will be adding it “this year” but that’s a broad timeframe!

I was just thinking about this last night. Although I just started the subscription, I’m spending more time exploring and sampling than listening. I’ve already added enough albums to provide many, many hours of listening.

1 Like

Do start listening and enjoy. Albums are not running away.
Try to get a feel about signal quality, artist information, ease of use etc.
Have fun
Dirk

1 Like

Sound quality has been very good, recording dependent of course (a few have been terrible recordings!).

I’m liking the integration with Roon and how it “feels” like it’s all just my library without dealing with multiple apps. I’m also finding some recordings that I can’t find on CD, or are only available used at high prices.

1 Like

Indeed. The annual subscription costs the same as 10 monthly installments. So trying it out for a month, you’d still be a month ahead if you decided you liked it and converted to annual.

In this case I would have to convert to the annual subscription before the end of this month to get the current pricing promotion.