Subscribe to Qobuz?

That’s true, I didn’t think of that. Although, let me say I’ll sure be surprised if they don’t extend the pricing. Still, not worth taking the risk.

Just a note…If you happen to be a veteran, Tidal is only 11.99 month for high res…

1 Like

I don’t add an album until I’ve listened to a few tracks and know I like it. There is no reason to just add albums.

I’m not, but that’s great they offer that to veterans. :smiley:

That’s pretty much what I’m doing. :+1:

1 Like

Personally, I am sticking with both Qobuz and Tidal for now. But I have a question about my Subscription to Qobuz. Last year, I subscribed annually to the Hifi Sublime + tier. I still have a month to go before renewal, and I am thinking I should change my subscription to take advantage of the new reduced annual rate… Now if I switch to the Studio Premier offer (from the previous Hifi Sublime +), what exactly will I be losing, if anything at all? What is important to me is the access to their hi-res music streaming, and I do not want to lose out on sq if I make the switch…

Also, when they say that Studio Premier offers offline listening, what exactly does it mean? With studio premier, can I still buy downloads? I wish to be clear about this before I make the switch. If there is link to a site on which the differences between Studio Premier and Hifi Sublime + are explained, that would be very helpful. Thanks for any helpful inputs.

If you scroll down on this page you can see the differences.

My understanding is the Sublime + plan offers a discount on purchases. I don’t believe there’s any difference in sound quality.

I learned you can purchase from them even without a streaming plan.

I believe the Offline mode allows you to download a certain amount of music to your device you can listen to those songs when you don’t have internet access. I can see downloading some music while on WiFi to play later when you only have cell service to keep from burning through your data allowance.

1 Like

The problem is that you end up doing more of both - listening to streamed music then wanting to acquire the music you particularly like in “physical” form (well at least, these days, as a digital file that you own) This is particularly enticing with Qobuz as the Sublime+ annual subscription allows you to buy hi res music at considerable discount. I am both spending more on music than I ever have and listening more.

1 Like

You can still buy the downloads - but you will not get the discounted prices for hi res files.

Offline listening means that you can download the files in the Qobuz app and listen when not connected to the internet. These files can only be accessed through the Qobuz app (unlike files you purchase). If you cancel your subscription - you will not be able to access these files.

I do all three - stream music from Qobuz, purchase files, and download to the Qobuz app.

1 Like

The funny thing is that my first year of Sublime + subscription is almost over, and i never felt enticed to buy any of the hi-res music. Maybe it’s because I thought they’re always accessible so why bother? or because I am not accustomed to the idea of buying too many hirez files online, having done that only a few times from HDTRACKS so far.

By the way, how steep are the discounts that Qobuz offers, if I may ask?

I seem to find myself in two positions at the same time : I feel like jumping on the Studio premier offer, on the one hand. On the other hand, I’m feeling like I should stay on the Sublime + plan, and make a concerted effort to make some of those discounted purchases in the coming year, although I also see this idea like one of those New Year resolutions that one makes on New Year’s day and forgets.

I really wish they were offering the Sublime + option at a reduced fee. That would be my ideal preference for the moment. As things stand now, I may just decide to opt for the Studio Premier plan and leave it at that. Sigh.

I was on the Qobuz monthly plan for a few months and switched to the annual plan and paid $149.99 for one year. I stream high resolution music to Roon. I don’t own any music of my own except a couple albums and have no desire to own any. I recently downloaded about 400 albums from Qobuz to my computer to listen to while away from home for 3 weeks. If I ever cancel my Qobuz subscription, these will not longer be accessible. That is fine with me. I also stream from Tidal. In my mind, there is no reason to own music anymore. There will always be plenty of ways to stream. It’s the same reason I don’t own any records, CD’s, or DVD’s.

Qobuz’s billing is frankly, quite screwy. It’s possible to sign up for an additional plan and they do not refund or carry over your existing plan. Then, you’re paying for 2 plans during the same time frame like me:

Notice I have 2 annual plans? In November, I signed up for their annual special deal thinking they would refund the difference of my existing plan. They did not and refuse to do so. So be careful.

The other screwy thing they did was a few months ago, launched a referral program here: https://www.facebook.com/qobuzUSA/posts/did-you-know-we-launched-a-qobuz-referral-programthis-means-if-you-refer-a-frien/501840237252366/

Then, they did not honor any of the referrals and closed down the program without notifying anyone (after they already got tons of business from the referrals)…

That did not happen to me. I got credit for the unused part of my previous monthly plan. I only paid $144.36 instead of $149.99 because I got a credit of $5.63 for a partial unused month.

Before signing up I asked about what happens if I cancel an annual plan before the 12 months were up. They said they do not refund (actually, they said they can’t afford to refund) for unused months, though you can continue to use the service until the end of the plan. At that time it just won’t automatically renew.

Nobody would think you can cancel an annual plan and get a refund . That makes no sense.

1 Like

Well pardon me then for asking such a stupid question. :roll_eyes:

Same issue here. I began the first free month in december, then somebody offered me a 3 month voucher for christmas. I entered this code in my account and thought it would be added to my first free month, wrong. I just got a mail from paypal that qobuz is getting paid a month rate. What happened is they kept the plans seperate, how stupid is this? So now I have to pay this month and lost 2 of 3 months from my gift voucher! I’m stopping the first plan so I used at least one of three gifted months and I am seriously thinking about quitting qobuz completely and switching to tidal…

1 Like

I think most of these billing errors might not be Qobuz fault.

I’m also considering switching to Qobuz, especially for mobile listening. Well, the iOS App seems to be very limited. I haven’t found a way to browse for sub genres like Metal. Is this really impossible?

Regarding discounted purchases, why someone would consider buying tracks?

Does this have titles not available for steaming?

I can understand if you the decide stop using the service but I think in reality most people will continue streaming with one service or another one.