[Suddenly] can't connect to Remote

Roon Core Machine

Core: Mac Book Pro running Mac OS 10.15.7 with Firewall disabled.
Remote: iPhone XR with iOS 16.2

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Virgin Hub 3 and Eero mesh with ethernet connection to Roon Core machine

Connected Audio Devices

Arcam ST60 - ethernet
Various Sonos units - wireless

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Until 30 minutes ago was using Roon fine via the remote. Then Roon on the Mac rebooted itself, asked me to sign back in, which I did successfully.

Roon Remote on the iPhone has now stopped connecting to the Core (“Waiting for Remote Core”) - none of the suggestions in the help section seem to apply and I have not changed the installation in any way since it was working fine earlier in the day.

I assume you mean that Roon Remote on your phone can’t connect to your core?
Is your phone connected to the same network as your core?

All on same network. Only have one. And yes I guess you are correct - my remote will not connect to the core. I believe I have done all the obvious things. The really irritating thing is that it suddenly just happened and there seems to be no way to reestablish a connection.

Reboot everything, including your routers.

2 posts were split to a new topic: iPhone 12 and 3 different iPads - Roon app crash immediately upon opening

Thanks, but as I said I have done the obvious things (which in my world starts with turning everything off and on again). Hence my frustration.

Running version 2.0 build 1211 - appears to be latest version.

Everything else on the network is running fine apart from my Roon remote not connecting to the core and I have no idea how to resolve this. Vastly reduces Roon useability if I have to go to the roon core to control what I am listening to.

If this was in answer to me - sorry, I was replying to Gary_Klopfer’s issue, which was most likely different

Hey @Christopher_Gray,

I wanted to check in on this thread to see if you were still having issues getting your iOS remote to connect to your core? After reviewing your account, I do see an iOS device that was active recently.

I’ll be on standby for your reply. :pray:

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.