Super slow buffering

**Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

OSX Mojave, Roon 1.6 build 416
Linksys veloup 6600M.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Poly+Mojo
Description Of Issue

The tracks are skipping often, extended buffering time with Tidal and super long buffering with Qobuz. Only thing I suspected was the great firewall since I am in China. But the tidal and Qoubuz steams without any delays in their apps.
Any guidance here will help me use the app as intended.

I have also tried adding google DNS based on the discussion in the forum. no improvement.

Hi @Ranjan_Kurian_Periak,

Does this issue only occur for your Poly zone or does it occur on other zones as well (such as “System Output”)?

– Noris

I checked it today and the issue exists when using system output too. The Tidal app on the same Mac plays instantly where Roon skipped many and some played after 3-4 minutes of waiting

Thank you for confirming that the issue exists on other zones as well. Can you let me know how the Core is connected to the network? Are you using an Ethernet connection to the router or are you using WiFi?

If you are currently on WiFi can you please try connecting your Core via Ethernet to the primary router node and let me know if that changes anything? I would also try rebooting both the Core + Network to ensure that it starts in a “fresh” state.

– Noris

Hi,
I have the internet connected to a router and I do have an Ethernet connected from the same router to the Core Mac.

Are you by any chance using any firewall blocking applications on your Mac such as Bullguard/Little Snitch/McAFee? I have seen these interfere with Roon streaming in the past. I would also double check to make sure that you have added Roon as an exception to your OSX firewall by following these instructions.

– Noris

Checked all the firewall settings and the firewall is off. Today after trying to play couple of tracks at some point Roon started playing fine in my poly and system output. With once in a while error “~Media loading slowly… problem with network” I didn’t change any settings though. Maybe something in Roon is getting blocked in China?.
One question here. If I play a song in Poly. Is the media downloaded in core or directly in Poly?

Glad to hear that things are working better today. If this issue occurs again, it would be interesting to know what speedtest.net reports as your Core’s network speed and if this behavior affects both the Poly and System Output.

The media is downloaded to the Core and then streamed via RAAT to the Poly.

Do let me know if things still remain stable over the next few days.

– Noris

2 posts were split to a new topic: Scrolling through albums takes a long time to load

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.