Synology DS718+ incomplete listing of tracks until a reboot

Hi about a month ago I bought myself a Synology DS718+ (6G ram) Roon and app all installed on 1TB SSD on slot 1 and slot2 with 6 TB wind up hard drive as backup for now. Everything works fast and slick all around the house. Most of my HiFi is Meridian. I have one problem when I add a new album in roon’s music folder I only get the first song added until I reboot the app in the Synology, only then I see the full album…. This happens every time like clockwork. Any solutions?

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us @MGXmusicUK, the insight is appreciated.

Moving forward, do you by chance remember the content you last noticed this issue with? I would like to enable diagnostics on your account so we can try to get a sense as to what is causing this behavior.

Furthermore, may I kindly ask you to please provide me with the following:

• An expanded description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

• My assumption is that you are housing your musical collection on the NAS (please due correct me if I am wrong :innocent:) can you verify for me the size of the collection based on number of tracks.

-Eric

Hello Eric thank you for taking to time.
This happens with importing any format Mp3 (FLAC) DSD.
The system Room 1 Meridian Digital PRE-AMP & DSP7200 Loudspeakers, Lenovo Q190 running Roon Bridge.
I use to have Roon installed on my work pc an i5, there never a problem. I have experimented and switched between PC and Synology a few times and the problem is always there on the Synology.
Our network is very good with NetGear high-speed switches and cat 6 very strong performance here.
Total music in 785 GB, 2046 Albums, 33064 tracks. All stored on NAS
Hope this helps
Mario

Thanks for getting back to me @MGXmusicUK and and taking the time to provide the requested feedback. Both are very appreciated!

Moving forward, as mentioned in my previous I have went ahead and enabled diagnostics on your account so our techs can try to get a sense as to what could be causing this behavior to occur. What this action will do is automatically generate/upload a diagnostics report containing a set of Roon logs directly to our servers the next time the application is active on your core machine.

Furthermore, just to make sure I am understanding your observations correctly, when Roon was being hosted on the mentioned i5 PC the NAS still acting as your storage location, correct?

-Eric

Hi @MGXmusicUK ------ Thank you again for your continued feedback but more importantly, thank you for your patience while we have been looking into this behavior you’ve reported.

Moving forward, as per the update given to me by our tech team. Would you kindly please perform the following troubleshooting exercise to help aide in our investigation:

• Before anything, please make a backup of your current DB.

• Once your backup has been created please…

• Disable your watch folder(s) in the application.
    • Sign out of your TIDAL account in the application.
  • Setup a “test” watch folder on the NAS and add only a single album to the folder.

• Launch the application and…

• Provide a screenshot of the newly added album (i.e from the “test” watch folder) in the application showing that only the first song was added.

• Note the day and time you make this observation.

• Reboot the app on the Synology and…

• Provide a screenshot of the newly added album (i.e from the “test” watch folder) in the application showing that all the tracks are NOW available after the reboot.

• Note the day and time you make this observation.

When the above has been performed and we have a sense as to when the error occurred with the “test” watch folder in place I will go ahead and enable diagnostics on your account. Furthermore, can you verify for me what SMB protocol the NAS is currently using (i.e SMB 1, SMB 2,…)

All the best to you and your family in the New Year!
-Eric