Synology Linux Roon Server cache delete

Dear Forum,

Is there a step by step manual for dummies: How to clear the cache of the Roon Server in order to play music from Tidal again?

I installed the server software from the Roon On Nas website. I don’t have any experience with Linux terminal entries. Many thanks.

I’m going to move this thread to #support so it get’s the right attention. In the meantime, please describe the issue you have and also describe your setup in more detail. Does Roon work with local media? What happens when you try to play from TIDAL?

1 Like

Hi Martin,

Many thanks for your quick reaction. I encounter the same problem other users having with Tidal and Roon:

If I want to play a song the system gives me to warnings. Song not available and too many failures, nevertheless the song is playable through the Tidal app. I found some threads with the same problem described. They were advised to clean the server cache and there is my problem. I don‘t know how to do it in the Linux terminal as there are so many places to look for it and I have no experience with the system.

If you know a place online with a step by step manual that would help a lot. Many thanks.

1 Like

Hello @Sebastian_Stoss,

The instructions for refreshing your cache are as follows:

• Find and open your Roon database
  • Navigate to Roon/Cache
  • Move the contents of the /Cache folder elsewhere, like your desktop
  • Try restarting Roon and verify if the issue still occurs

You should be able to use the file manager software supplied with the NAS to access the database location. If you still need further help, please provide the model/manufacturer of your NAS.

I would also try some more basic steps before clearing the cache:

1. Reboot the Core/Network/Endpoints
  2. Log out and back into TIDAL in Roon Settings -> Services -> Edit button next to TIDAL.

Many thanks. Can you help me further please how to do it? I have a Synology 218+. I have Putty installed on my Windows partition.

Please provide me with the necessary entries. Many thanks again.

Hi @Sebastian_Stoss,

I would use the Synology File Manager to access this share, you shouldn’t need to use Putty if you have access via this way. Once you connect via the file manager, you’ll want to navigate to the location you specified as the Roon Database and you can refresh the cache there by using the above instructions.

1 Like

Many thanks. It wasn‘t so difficult, unfortunately Tidal still doesn‘t play any song via Roon. I logged out several times and removed the cache. Any idea?

Thanks a lot.

Are you able to play local tracks or do those not work as well? Can you play TIDAL tracks through the TIDAL web player with the same account (listen.tidal.com)?

1 Like

Dear Noris,

Removed the cache again. Now it‘s working. Thanks a lot.

2 Likes

Happy to help @Sebastian_Stoss!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.