T+A ASIO Driver with Tidal "crashes" (new)

Hi - I hadn’t used Roon for a few months and when I fired it up this week I’ve got an interesting problem with Roon | Tidal | T+A DAC8 ASIO driver. Win 10 PC running Audiophile Optimizer 2.20 b5

When I playback any track, around 5-7 seconds in, the track would stutter and drop out for about a second. Sometimes it recovers, other times it just stops or goes onto the next track.

This only happens when the audio is set to play to the zone using the T+A ASIO driver for the DAC8DSD. If I play to a zone suing the T+A WASAPI driver there’s no stutter or dropout. Similarly, if I play to a zone which is set to HQPlayer, there’s an occasional stutter around the same time on every track but it recovers better albeit after a 1/2 second or so.

I can only hypothesise that this is a new bug introduced in the last few releases of Roon as I hadn’t had this previously.

I’ve reinstalled Roon Server and the T+A drivers, but to no avail.

Hi @Sydney_Low ------ Thank you for the report and sharing your observations with us, the feedback is appreciated!

Moving forward, to help me better evaluate what could be causing this behavior to occur, may I very kindly ask you to please provide mw with the following:

1. An expanded description of your current setup as seen here.

2. When you are noticing this behavior while playing back via the T+A DAC8 ASIO driver or your HQPlayer zone, are you finding that this is occurring with the same media/content each time OR would you say that this appears to be more of generalized behavior? The more information you can provide, the better :sunglasses:

-Eric

Thanks. Seems Audiophile Optimizer might have been the culprit. More testing needed.

1 Like

Het Sydney,

Did you by any chance het the Windows 10 update? Ik so Plessers check if you have the latest asio drivers. I had the same issue and after updating my Asio drivers iT workshop nicely again…

Regards,
Dave

Thanks Dave.
T+A hasn’t released any newer drivers.
But I did reinstall them anyway.

I’m pretty sure it was Audiophile Optimizer.

hmmm okay… then you will have to investigate further… :frowning: sorry I could not have been of help