Taiko Audio Enhancements to Roon

I was looking at the Taiko Audio Site (they build very high end Music Servers) and saw some of the reviews. In a review in “Enjoy The Music” the manufacturer made the claim: “And we have quite a substantial upgrade to Roon performance coming up, it virtually puts Roon at equal SQ footing as TAS is at now, but XDMS expands beyond this again”. Anyone know about what upgrades they are doing to Roon to enhance the sound. Does anyone know any other ways (besides HQPlayer) to substantially enhance the sound of Roon?

2 Likes

Some liquid audiophile sound enhancer, taken in relaxed attitude and preferably at night, usually does the trick for me… Can be some nice red, or even a single malt or locally distilled rum…

16 Likes

Are these upgrades at extra cost over and above the current price of $30K?

2 Likes

How can you possibly put a price on……………:joy::wink::rofl:

2 Likes

Evidently, Taiko can. :wink:

3 Likes

Nothing against anyone who buys one and loves it but it’d have to include a new set of ears installed on my head to make me want one. Boutique stuff is cool to look at but the ROI is brutal.

1 Like

Yes these prices do seem crazy. I was more interested in what could they possibly do to enhance the quality of Roon and if anyone had any insight into this?

Is this the article that you are referring to?

How could it possibly not be the best thing on the block? it’s a beautiful piece of kit, eye candy, jewelry like a Ferrari engine.

I would still spray paint that in black :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Flat or semi gloss, I’m a semi gloss guy. That “review” reads like ad copy, the in use paragraph is quite telling.

1 Like

Semi gloss, just the logo on flat. There was a video posted with this server, I just love YouTube videos made with an iPhone being about sound quality

1 Like

Interesting comments. A better Roon? The bloody thing runs Windows, fer crying out loud.

Really can’t blame the manufacturer for trying to make a buck, but you can blame these reviewers. Can’t find the post right now, but there was a support thread from a reviewer who, among $5000 cables and the like, had a Taiko. He couldn’t get Roon to run on it. It seemed he was too stupid.

Sorry, @steveoat87. I’m done now.

2 Likes

Go to your GP and get your ears cleaned - it does wonders. Or better yet, go on a vacation to a warm place and listen to nothing but the sound of the sea or the silence of the countryside. Come home and your system will sound like a million bucks!

4 Likes

Maybe… stop listening to what manufacturers claim?

Realistically? Absolutely nothing.

For audiophiles? They can charge $30K, that is absolutely guaranteed to lift veils, enlarge a soundstage, and add so much “there” there that you would have to buy a new house!

2 Likes

Oh… wait! I thought of something! (Rare occurrence :slight_smile: )

One of the car companies used to note on their TV ads that with their brand you’d have “pride of ownership”. Maybe Taiko is the same way. The sound is the same, but now you have “pride of ownership” (of the Taiko server) so you feel better about it when you hear it!

A lot of expensive audio equipment is tied up with this idea of self-worth and self-identity.

1 Like

Hey, if I could drop 30 grand on something I could do much better in my spare time for under $1000, I’d feel pretty good, too!!!

1 Like

Boris, I’m certain that it’s better to pull up to Subway to grab a sandwich in your Ferrari than my Yugo :wink: YMMV……Literally :joy:

Now that is ownership pride

No, ownership pride is having the chauffeur take the Rolls to Subway to pick up the sandwich and bring it back to the estate so that the butler can present it on a silver salver.

5 Likes