Taiko Audio Enhancements to Roon

Wow. True. Now that is :cherries:

Taiko SGM is an windows PC sold for $30K. We did AB testing and it sounds like a windows PC with ASUS motherboard.

Built a Windows Water Cooled PC with I9 13th gen and Nvidia 4090. you can using it for HQPLAYER and Gaming. It will cost a fraction of the price and will be 100 times more useful.

The perception that Tiko is good because of the ASIO drivers available exclusively to Windows.

4 Likes

A windows PC. When the music was playing, the person I know who used to have one was saying, “Good sound”. I told him this is your dell laptop. He could not differentiate. I argue a laptop is better as it ca nun on batteries giving more isolation.

2 Likes

I was expecting to sound like a Mac :crazy_face:

1 Like

We couldn’t expect it to be THAT good :blush:

2 Likes

At least the reviewer is an expert

Its special nature and exceptional sonics coming, I believe, more from its massive computing power and software solutions to reduce internal processes and create a direct line of digital sight for those magic ones and zeros

2 Likes

:rofl:

////

3 Likes

Perhaps I should look for a Cray-1 on eBay, bet they’re giving them away now.

1 Like

We’ll use laser beams!

A Cray-1? I couldn’t afford the electric bill (or the service calls)!

1 Like

It’s all wood to provide a direct mechanical connection for those magical ones and zeros

3 Likes

The mystical galvanic isolation has been achieved :joy:

2 Likes

Oh, for sure (more of a Lambo guy, myself :slight_smile: ) But then Ferrari actually does have functional advantages over a Yugo (probably has more usable cargo space and might even spend less time being repaired!) whereas Taiko does not outperform what I could assemble by looking through a dumpster behind Fry’s, and being a Windows box with Roon running, it does not even seem to provide any ergonomic advantages over a NUC.

Well, at least it’s not hideous.

2 Likes

You making fun of my Yugo ? :rofl: I really need to trade it in toward something more reliable, maybe a 1960’s British motorcar with Lucas electrical system.

Getting a little cool again Boris? :cold_face:

1 Like

Ah, Lucas, The Prince of Darkness!

And Yugos aren’t that ugly (and even somewhat functional), unlike some audiophile equipment…

I grew up in Moscow. Anything above -40 is basically balmy! :tropical_drink:

2 Likes

As long as our power stays on we’ll be fine. Yea I know Minnesota winter but that’s a while ago.

So far so good in Round Rock, but not much left of my trees…

Yes, just back in from dragging a branch away that missed the car by a couple of feet :face_with_peeking_eye:
Need a hard hat today.

Sorry to hear about your trees.

The south shore of Lake Ontario will have wind chills of -30(F) at the end of this week.

1 Like

Yeah. Luckily I did not have anything particularly valuable outside.

I believe previous owner didn’t take too good care of them, so they were smallest on the block to begin with. I think they’ll survive, but all the bigger branches are gone, so they will look even more pathetic…

I guess even Texan trees can’t candle Texas weather.

1 Like