Text introducing albums no longer shows

Content you’re reporting an issue with

The informative texts (biography, works, artistic influences, reviews…I supose this is what you call “metadata”) that were usually displayed when selecting an artist or album no longer show on my iPad! Even albums in my library are impacted. Is this a problème with Roon or Qobuz? The results of some automatic update?

Have you made any edits to this content in Roon?

Is the album identified in Roon?

Is this content from local files, TIDAL, or Qobuz?

Screenshot of import settings

Description of the issue

@Philippe_SIMON, welcome to the Community. A fellow user here, but can you provide some additional information about your Roon system, including what version (buiid version) you use for your Core and any Remotes? Also, what type of computer do you use as a Core (make, model, OS version)?

Some time ago, Wikipedia was added as an additional source for reviews and biographies. When this happened, some people reported that all of the reviews and bios had gone. Invariably, it was then found that they had updated the Core but not the remotes.

Therefore, I’d check that everything is up to date. The Core version as well as Windows/macOS version should now be 2.0 (build 1232), and the Android/iOS remotes should be 2.0 (build 1219).

Keep in mind that Android/iOS must be updated from the respective app stores, so ensure that they did by checking there.

You can then configure your preferences as explained here, in case you haven’t done this before.

Let us know if this does not help

1 Like

My Roon core build is 1234. I updated my remote to 1219, as advised by Suedkiez, and it works fine now. Thank you very much to all the Roon team!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.