THANK YOU for ROON 2.0

And also the ARC, works like a charm. This is an unexpected new feature, though I always dreamed of. Really appreciate Roon Software teams’ work!

1 Like

Yes I can also feel that.

Thank You
I’ve got scared when config did not work automatically, I have never done any setting in the router and my brain is not comfortable in the networking world. But literary in 5 minutes with just the Roon arc troubleshooter I could do the connection

1 Like

A big THANK YOU for Roon 2.0 and ARC from another lifetime subscriber.
ARC setup worked flawless and Roon finally on Apple Silicon uses much less system resources ->excellent!
Now I am only waiting for DSP and CarPlay to arrive on Roon ARC :smiley:

1 Like

Great, elegant, smart, everything is just a beginning. :kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart:

1 Like

Just logged in to start this thread myself! I can’t believe how good Arc is this early in it’s development.

A true audiophile game changer of epic proportions.

Wandered around the field this morning with the dog grinning from ear to ear and I’m still smiling with my buds in at work. Colleagues must think I’m nuts!

Had a little bit of trouble initially with the connection. BT smart hub had Upnp active but Arc would not connect. I manually added the port forwarding rule via the troubleshooting page and got it to connect no problem. A tip though for anyone else in the UK, I had to restart the hub and my PC for the rule to work and connect.

A huge thanks Guys and I wish you even more success for the future.

Ian

1 Like

Loving Roon 2.0 and ARC! A much appreciated upgrade. Now I have to finally get my tagging system sorted out so I can seamlessly find and sort CD quailty, HiRes, and lossy files. Previously I had created bookmarks for these categories as they’re all mishmashed in the Music folder. I couldn’t find bookmarks in ARC so I assume it’s better to use tags.

In the car I prefer to use downloaded content which I found the Tidal Mobile App brilliant for, hopefully that feature may oneday integrate with Roon ARC. Until then I’ll use them both.

1 Like

I agree, thanks to the Roon team for bringing us 2.0! It is working great for me and sound quality bests even Amazon HD streaming.

I see that there are already threads from those who are having problems or are otherwise unhappy with 2.0. But, this has to have been a monumental task and those of us who are happy with it should continue to post here with our thanks and congratulations to the Roon team for a job well done!

1 Like

Thanks so much! Absolutely best music streaming!!! Perfect…I was waiting for this and I love this!!! Please to be added roon arc aplication for Apple watch and iPad…and it will be absolutely perfect. And in ios app option that I can see tracks on album which I dont have in my library…that I could listen them and add to library…because on Tidal I dont have alll albums in my library, Thanks for your perfect work!!! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This is an awesome release and so far both the upgrade process + using ARC has been nothing but flawless. If I start listening via ARC and then leave my home, there is no hiccups in changing networks etc. Nothing happens actually, which is amazing, it just works.

2 Likes

I’m using 2.0 since yesterday
Seems every thing is going normal
I want to thank a lot to all the Roon labs Team
I’m going now out of my home place to test Roon ARC
I suppose if I don’t want to explode my 4G package I should deactivate cellular datas Traffic outside Home and go to a place where I can use Wi-Fi for streaming from my Home Roon server
But I suppose it is also possible to have my Favorites downloaded in my iPhone

1 Like

Great work! I absolutely love this remote feature, now I can bring my music with me in my car, very nice!!

1 Like

Also I’m curious about the traffic. But if using arc from tidal with the bandwidth setting it should be the same as using tidal app on low, hope so.

Wooohooo native Apple ARM support. Thanks guys! Runs beautifully.

2 Likes

Thank you, Roon team!

1 Like

Thank you, Roon. Just brilliant. A few clicks and it just worked. I don’t know how it works - seems like witchcraft to me - but it does.

The only thing that would make it perfect is if it connected to my Apple Watch. ARC stopped playing on my first journey to try it out and in the UK it’s illegal to touch your mobile when the engine is running, so the music stayed stopped. I don’t have CarPlay so a quick tap on my watch would have got it going again.

3 Likes

SLICK! I am impress on how easy it was to update and install on my iPhones. Apple Play immediately started in my car and on the GO, it never asked to restart like Tidal always did…

Thank you! What an accomplisment, your work will be used often.

:grinning:

1 Like

Just terrific. Well done.

1 Like

Add me to the thank you list. Roon 2.0 is a major value add and something I was hoping would eventually arrive, and now it has

1 Like

Yes, I agree with community, this is really great step forward. Am I wrong or not but it seems to me there is some issue with album cover in 2.0 I am checking it and if it is true I will report it to Roon experts.

1 Like