The "analysing" problem has not gone away

Roon Core Machine

Apple MacBook Pro (15" 2017)

Catalina 10.15.7

3.1 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7

16GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3

Western Digital 18TB Elements Desktop External Hard Drive (Music library storage)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Virgin Media Hub 3 set to modem mode…

ASUS ZenWiFi AX router connected to laptop via cat-6 ethernet cables.

Virgin Media M350 Fibre Broadband

Connected Audio Devices

Raspberry Pi 4b with Allo BOSS DAC connected to router via ethernet & to analogue amp via standard phono.

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

I still have the ongoing issue where I can add a load of files & Roon will churn its way through them & then just sit there on “analysing: 4/5” for several hours.

Sorry to keep banging on about this but it just always seems to get stuck one or two before the end.

Usually it’s 4/5

Right now it’s:

Screenshot 2022-12-31 at 13.57.39

It’s been like that for at least an hour & I expect that to continue for a while yet.

The main problem with this is that I’m experiencing a new problem in Roon where it is appropriating a cover image from completely the wrong place for no reason that I can fathom.

Well, there is one possibility & that is that the two places each contain the same track, but they’re two different versions of a given release & each has been tagged with a unique name & unique sleeve art & they are simply two different things in two different places in my library.

Roon should not be getting these things muddled up.

Fact is, I don’t know whether or not the analysing process will sort this out & I’m worried that if I try to deal with the issue before Roon has finished what it’s doing, I might cause more problems, so I’m stuck here waiting hours for it to do what it’s doing.

Still going, 23 hours later!

Same problem here. Analyse always hang with 9 to go. I cannot find out why. If Roon was able to report the file being scanned at that moment in a logfile, it would be of great help for me.

Naamloos

A post was merged into an existing topic: Applying Library Settings seems to take hours

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.