The cellist Ernst Reijseger causes Roon Remote to crash (iOS) or freeze (Android)

Roon Core Machine

Sonicorbiter

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

I don’t think this has anything to do with the number of tracks or with the audio devices.
When I try to open the artist page of the Dutch cellist Ernst Reijseger, Roon Remote on my iPad instantly crashes.
On my Samsung phone, the app doesn’t crash but it freezes, making it unusable because with every restart it will immediately try to reach for that page and freeze again.

Roon Arc doesn’t have a problem reaching the page.

Anybody else having this issue? Don’t try this with Android, or you’ll be forced to reinstall the app… and you will lose your preferences like play actions.

I tried it an Android and it was fine.

I also tried in on iPad and PC and they all worked fine.

Thanks for testing. Strange though what’s happening with me. I can reach all other pages in my library, as far as I know, except this one.

I don’t know why that happens. But, although I personally doubt it myself but it won’t hurt to try to clear Image Cache under Settings → Setup menu just to try to see if it fixes this. If not, I really don’t have any other idea at this moment.

Regards.

Clearing the image cache is a good idea…it could be a corrupted image or other file.

BUT, this could also be a signal that your database is corrupt or corrupting. That’s just a guess and not some official word. But I would suggest you make an effort to preserve backups going back a few weeks/months in case you get a crash at some point, and make sure to continue to backup regularly and save some from various date ranges.

1 Like

Thanks for your answers. I first cleared the image cache, but that didn’t help. Restoring a backup from last January also didn’t make this particular artist page visible to me.
I still have a few backups from Roon 1.8, are these still usable?

Maybe a daft question, but… this artist Ernst Reijseger appears on the only dsd album I have in my library. The artist pages of the other two individuals involved are visible without problems, but it just made me wonder.

Also, I believe Roon introduced a feature in 2.0 that checks the integrity of databases while updating to a new version. So if this is a problem with the database, how could this happen?

… bump …
10 chars

Hey @Arlen,

Ben with the support team here, my apologies for the long delay in getting to your thread! Since some time has passed, I wanted to check in and see if you were still running into issues with your remote device crashing?

If so, can you please reproduce the issue and share the specific date and time as well as track playing? We’ll be able to review your core diagnostics a bit more closely with that information.

Thanks!

Hello Ben, thanks for stopping by. I hadn’t checked in a while, but apparently the issue has resolved itself. The artist’s page is reachable now, without Roon Remote crasing, both on iOS and Android.

But now you’re here, I brought up an issue last year that still isn’t solved. It was mentioned here:

This group is my most played artist, and I have never seen a similar issue with any of my other artists. It’s still happening. Three of the artists mentioned in the descriptions are displayed three times in the names column on the right.
The time is now 21:57 hours in the Netherlands.

1 Like

Thanks - we’ll take a closer look on the other thread! :+1:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.