The earth's core is spinning again -- how will it affect SQ?

BTW, the moon effect is most noticeable when I’m streamimg MQA from Tidal. How ironic.

:smile:

2 Likes

Might have to install schrader valve onto acoustic suspension speakers. Ported speakers are more forgiving.

But seriously we do have to adjust the tire pressure and bleed the air pressure buildup in the suspension components at altitude, builds up quite significantly.

And baking needs to be adjusted to compensate for the lower air pressure, so…

1 Like

Less air density you would think could cause a speaker diaphragm to have longer excursions……grasping for straws, nothing to lose sleep over :wink:

Sea level to New Mexico has me looking for some air for a few days

1 Like

Here some easy calculators for simulating the values of altitude, air pressure, moisture, air density, etc.

I am living in a country where I can easily travel in a few hours from sea level to above 2500 m, and the effects on air pressure and air density are noticeable. I’d assume that those differences of air density on the propagation of sound waves may not be negligible. But I also assume that our brain adapts rapidly to the new ambient conditions and we will scarcely notice.

2 Likes

Now to sell audiophile air it would be something

1 Like

Please put me down for two :+1:t2:

Oh yes, 2 channels… @price of one

1 Like

Audiophile air has so many upsell possibilities. House treatments to prevent the air from getting out and closed system respirators so you don’t waste all that valuable air by breathing it. Big bucks.

I have been, when using my iphone & airpods the sound, at base camp, was very thin and tinny, no doubt due to the large gaps between air molecules & low frequencies had nothing to “hang on “ to. Sound quality improved tremendously as we descended.
Altitude or air pressure compensation is essential to avoid undesirable audio artefacts.:flushed:

2 Likes

That’s just the Cerebral Hypoxia setting in :joy:

:smile:

I’m on a company to collect audiophile wasted air… there is a used market

Lots of AudioPhil hot air is available in large quantities

Perhaps a giant geodesic dome over the whole house so that effective pressure needn’t depend on ambient pressure? Need airlocks for the garage and doggie doors, of course. But I’d think you could command a healthy profit margin, plus of course monthly service fees for the compressor.

I took diamox for that, so definitely an air molecule problem :wink:

1 Like

Bytes are not bytes as long they are touch by DSP

Intersting. Luckily, 99+% of extended living happens between the red lines. Maybe problems with export to lower altitudes is the cause for Tibet never developing a high-end manufacturing culture :slight_smile:

2 Likes

and an army of living running audiophile pets for clean power

3 Likes

Audiophile-quality hamsters in hamster wheels?