The pros and cons of Onzow Zerodust and record cleaning in general

Here is the text which I just copied and pasted:

Dear Michael Fremer

We are waiting for your reply to our e-mail sent on May 11 regarding your claim on our product ONZOW ZERODUT.

If you are a real audio fan and have the responsibility to deliver proper information for each single post to your followers who must love music and audio devices, we have the responsibility to deliver ONZOW ZEORDUST, which needed over 10 years of research before it became a reliable product all users can safely use and not cause anything alike what is written on your below posts.

Below is the text of my e-mail I send to you on May 11 in case I send it to a wrong address.

ā€“ send on May 11 ā€“

I am Akira Ishibashi CEO of ONZOW Labo.
Iā€™m sure you have read my post dated April 21st but here is what Iā€™ve posted in case youā€™ve missed it.

Dear Michael Fremer

I am Akira Ishibashi CEO of ONZOW Labo.
I want to hear your prompt opinion for not having made any notice to us before posting the article dated November 28th and 29th 2021, especially when your information provided by WAM Engineering was still under investigation.
Youā€™ve also received a few comments advising you to contact us, we have been waiting for contact from the day you posted those articles but you remained silent.

What is your responsibility of your media to your followers, especially when you target to criticize is a specific product, and how will you take responsibility to the misinformation you led to our product ONZOW ZERODUST.

For users led by this misinformation, no plasticizer is contained in our product and is absolutely safe to use, we are proud of our product.

Akira Ishibashi CEO of ONZOW Labo.

As mentioned in my post our product does not contain plasticizer which is used to make urethane products.
However this is unfortunately contained in other brand products.
The comment posted by wally tools on Nov. 29th saying they found ā€˜tons of plasticizerā€™ is right if they took another brand product by MISTAKE???
Also, what they experimented using UV or washing with boiled water is absolutely nonsense.
In what circumstance users will have to expose the ZERODUST under UV and heat???
Any product, including your precious vinyls will all get damaged.

The characteristic of urethane by age, being in hydrolyzed state urethane can melt and stick to the stylus.
This is why we do not use this compound.

We are prepared to answer to any of your questions.

With regards,
Akira Ishibashi

1 Like

Anyway, I have no interest in this dispute. :slight_smile:

I just want someone here to do fact-checking before posting, and this is what it is about conspiracy (but very little harmless in this case).

They have apparently been waiting for this spectrometry result since November 2021ā€¦

Thank you. I have in the meantime figured out that this page shows comments (and informs the user that there are comments in the first place) only if one first clicks the ā€œDesktop versionā€ buttonā€¦

Do you use a mobile device? Iā€™ve had no issue with Chrome on my laptop.

Evidently, fact checking to you means listening to the manufacturer and no one else.

Posting is a heuristic endeavor, especially on this forum. People can post what they post and people can respond as they want.

Yes, on the phone, works after requesting the desktop version, there was just no hint on the page that this would reveal comments. All good now

No need since itā€™s by Fremer and I donā€™t trust or believe anything that he writes. Fremer is taking on the crown once worn by Harry Pearson as the biggest windbag in all of high end audio and Fremer now writes for TAS, which is very fitting. The size of Fremerā€™s ego is only matched by U2ā€™s Bono.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, every single way of cleaning styluses makes someone say ā€œthis is badā€ :slight_smile:

Yes, Iā€™ve read your animus toward Fremer in another thread. I have no emotional beliefs about him, good or bad.

So sorry I tried to give you a heads up. The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Carry on.

1 Like

Me neither, but itā€™s a fact that middle school geometry is beyond him

2 Likes

Jimā€¦ Beam :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was thinking Jack Danielā€™s Black, but either will do, I suppose.

1 Like

Not sure about the residue on the stylus after a generous application of JD Black would be but I can imagine the potential results of said application being more disastrous :innocent:

1 Like

Careful now, math borders science and science, as we know, is the enemy of the high end audio press.

2 Likes

ā€¦and the US right-wing.

2 Likes

This is my favourite stylus cleaner. Comes in 3 ā€œflavoursā€.

On a serious note, this is whatā€™s Iā€™ve been using for a long time now from Audio Technica alongside a small brush from Pro-Ject.

Ha! Youā€™re no audiophileā€¦

th-592497214

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hereā€™s my cleaning kitā€¦

2 Likes

Ha, there are people who recommend, seriously, Blu-Tack.

That stuff leaves a residue on anything I secure with it.

Good for securing my speaker to their stands, but I wouldnā€™t put it anywhere near my deck.